Help me decide to buy a AX8

This is my personal experience:
I had AX8, swiched to Helix LT and then back to AX8. Helix userinterface was excellent, but I still found myself making all the tweaking using the Helix editor, like i did with the AX8 and AX8 Editor.

To me, both are great products and for me the AX8 offers more quality and quantity almost in all aspects.

I do use Helix Native and hope, that one day Fractal would release a Axe FX Plugin. It is so convenient to use for recording/mixing.

Last edited:
Don't have much experience w/ Helix other than tried their Helix Native software when I was undecided about getting one or the other and my AX8 blew it out of the water on tone quality. It was really night and day with the factory presets. This was a big one for me. It would have been nice to have all the bells and whistles the Helix comes w/ such as scribble scripts, mic and headphone ports but at the end of the day I went for quality of sound and couldn't be happier with my AX8.

If you are still not convinced, look at the involvement and responses of Cliff and company on the threads with the new firmware. You won’t find that with any other company. Not to mention the sound of the AX8. Or, buy the other modelers and return them and THEN get an AX8. :). Honestly though, I doubt you will find a better product with a better sound and support.

AN AX8 is the best , compact , all-in-one , floor unit , available on the planet.

Some wise words in previous posts here.
If you've got a good ear , you'll realize how great it is - soon after playing thru it.
If you've got experience using good tube amps and other modeler devices , AND you have a good ear , you'll appreciate it even more - soon after playing thru it.

Back
Top Bottom