Help Me Buy a Bass?

Personally not too fond of the PUs but that's just a matter of personal taste.
I'm really unfamiliar with bass tones so no opinion on them yet, but it feels like an easy fix if I decide I don't like them. Neck shape and width, ergonomics really drove this one.

Good choice. I have a 5 string soundgear with the nordtrand big singles, and it works really well. Narrow string spacing is easier to transition from the guitar for me.

I know it's not a popular choice, and you already did the thing, but anyway... Some years ago when I was looking for a bass, I played a ton, and ended up with an ESP of all things. Sounds great, plays great. Don't have the model handy, but it's 2 pickups, natural finish, very cool.

I'm really unfamiliar with bass tones so no opinion on them yet, but it feels like an easy fix if I decide I don't like them. Neck shape and width, ergonomics really drove this one.

I think you made an excellent decision. Even after a lot of research, it’s really hard to nail down the perfect “first” instrument. After you get comfortable with it, you’ll eventually learn what you like and don’t like about it. With that said, that’s a very versatile bass and will cover lots of usable tones.

I have fairly small hands but don't have any problem making my way around the fretboard and passive electronics makes it really easy to dial in the tone with the AX8. While not for everyone I suspect, I have played on Ricky and some others this model is my fav....
USA-1.jpg

USA-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom