Help!! Matrix GT1000FX protect light is on

Hi guys,

I use a matrix gt1000fx with a 2x12 lopoline cab with GT75 celestians at 16 ohms stereo. It's connected to the fx loop out on the XL+.

Yesterday while playing suddenly the matrix stopped responding and the protect light came on. It left it for the night, totally disconnected. And today morning when I switched it on, again totally disconnected except the power cord. The protect light was on again and the amp unresponsive.

What do I do??? I have a gig tomorrow and this is a little panicking.

Thanks

I'm having this problem. Hooked up to 2 cabs, doing a sound check, heard a click my protect light came on and now I have no sound. How did you resolve your problem?

I'd suspect some sort of internal component failure, but if one of the speaker cables had shorted it could cause the protect circuit to kick in. Does the amp protect light come on when you start up without any input or output cables connected? (It's SS so it's safe to do this).

If it still happens then you'd be better contacting Matrix and maybe getting it serviced.

This stereo cab of yours, does it have stereo inputs as well as a mono input? I accidentally plugged into one stereo jack and the mono jack of my cab once and the Matrix and speakers did not like that.

This stereo cab of yours, does it have stereo inputs as well as a mono input? I accidentally plugged into one stereo jack and the mono jack of my cab once and the Matrix and speakers did not like that.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I haven't had my Matrix for years now but I remember one time I connected something wrong and had some issues.

Back
Top Bottom