Help!!! Major Badness Happening!!!

Tonemaster

Inspired
I was playing throuh some presents and I pressed one of my expression pedals (not even sure if it has an extrn associated) and everything went south. I now am getting no effects for any patch, when I edit a parameter like Amp Level, it has no affect, every patch sounds almost identical, very muddy and lifeless. My expression pedal I use for volume has no affect. All (two) pedals and everything was working fine and then BAMB!

I unplugged the midi cable from the MFC and took that out of the loop. I turned the unit off and unplugged everything and tried again....nothing! When I press the tuner button on the Axe, it stays stuck in tuner mode and when I press the button again nothing happens. The other buttons seem to work, although the edits, as I mentioned, don't make any change in the sound.

I sent an email to support but figured I'd check to see if anyone else ever experiened anything this bad. This puppy is very sick!!!!!

Relax. You probably accidentally pressed the front panel "Bypass" button (not the "effect bypass" one). Press it again to see if everything comes back.

Oh, and the tuner staying on if you press "Tuner" again, well that's normal. To get out of tuner mode, press "Recall".

Relax. You probably accidentally pressed the front panel "Bypass" button (not the "effect bypass" one). Press it again to see if everything comes back.

Oh, and the tuner staying on if you press "Tuner" again, well that's normal. To get out of tuner mode, press "Recall".[/QUOTE

The Bypass button is blinking (not sure if that's normal) and when I press it, the light in the button goes out and I get no sound at all. I press it again and the light begins to blink again and I get back to the dull, muffled, no effect sound.

When Bypass is blinking, the Axe-Fx bypasses all effects in current preset. With Bypass enabled, you're basically hearing your input tone, unmodified.

If you're not hearing anything with Bypass disabled, then there is something up with your preset. First, try a factory preset and see if it makes a reasonable sound. If so, then return to your preset and look for problems.

On your preset, check the Main Output (last tab to the right, on the Layout button) and make sure it's set to a reasonable value (i.e., not set all the way down). If you have a Volume block in the chain, try disabling it or replacing it temporarily with a Shunt. If your sound comes back, then edit the Volume block, making sure any Controller and Modifier assignments are still valid.

If you're still having problems after this, there are some other troubleshooting steps we can take.

Hey Tonemaster,

Are you using two expression pedals respectively in external 1 and 2, and running MFC Version 1.0. There is a known bug, which was fixed in V1.02.

My volume pedal stopped working alltogether ( External 1 ), and it caused Ext 2 to take over 1 and 2....but not operate normally.

You may be lucky and just update the firmware to fix everything.....I need to do a factory fresh reset, as updating the firmware fixed everything except the volume pedal still not operating correctly.

Mic

Thank you all for your feed back. A few of you mentioned the Bypass button as the culprit, and that was it. However, I have no idea what triggered it. I'll have to look into the MFC firmware level so that may be it. I now recall having this same thing happen a few months ago on a gig. Same symptoms and I never figured out what the problem was. I just went home and the next day plugged in and everything was fine...go figure!

I'm going to try to recreate it tonight. I know what patch I was on and all I did was press down my 2nd expression pedal (Extrn2) and it seems to have gone into Bypass mode (as I now realize!)

Anyway, thanks again. I'll let you all know if I can recreate.

Tonemaster,

My best guess is that you are using V1.0 on the MFC, as the symptoms are the same as quite a few of us found when using Ext2 as a WAH pedal.

Update the MFC and you will be fine.

Mic

Relax,you will fix
cartoons6.jpg
cartoons7.jpg
cartoons8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom