HELP! Loud Bad Noise After FW Update.

SoProg

Inspired
Hi all, I need some help here. Hopefully quickly because next week is my first gig with the AX8, but only if this problem can be solved.

So, I have this preset that I use for my band, it's got 4 scenes (clean,crunch,highgain,solo). It's been my go to patch based on the EVH5150.

But, after updating to 3.5.0, 2 problems arose..
1) The incorrect parameter values and labels issue is back in the Scene tab under Controllers. This freaks me out because it makes further tweaking of the preset impossible for me, and despite FAS staff assuring everyone it wasn't a big deal, I had to delete all my presets and start fresh 2 FW releases later for finally fix it.. but it's back.
2) THE MAJOR PROBLEM: When using Scene 2 (and only scene 2) there is a crazy loud distorted digital noise that makes it unusable, and also makes me worried about my speaker. It's ridiculously loud. I've tried turning off all the block individually except the amp block to see where the problem is, as well as double check my modifiers... but nothing is working.

I Updated to 3.5.1 and there is no change in the issue.
I'm really worried, because I don't have a backup of the most recent working version of that patch, and I had it so perfect.

Anyway, I'm including the patch here. I hope someone can help, thanks.

Attachments

• f5150 broke.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
I loaded your patch (into 3.5.1) - no real issues with it and excessive noises - the only bad thing I see is that the CPU can go up to 88% - have you tried deleting the reverb block to see if you still have the same problem with bad noises?
Not sure about issue 1.

Hi all, I need some help here. Hopefully quickly because next week is my first gig with the AX8, but only if this problem can be solved.

So, I have this preset that I use for my band, it's got 4 scenes (clean,crunch,highgain,solo). It's been my go to patch based on the EVH5150.

But, after updating to 3.5.0, 2 problems arose..
1) The incorrect parameter values and labels issue is back in the Scene tab under Controllers. This freaks me out because it makes further tweaking of the preset impossible for me, and despite FAS staff assuring everyone it wasn't a big deal, I had to delete all my presets and start fresh 2 FW releases later for finally fix it.. but it's back.
2) THE MAJOR PROBLEM: When using Scene 2 (and only scene 2) there is a crazy loud distorted digital noise that makes it unusable, and also makes me worried about my speaker. It's ridiculously loud. I've tried turning off all the block individually except the amp block to see where the problem is, as well as double check my modifiers... but nothing is working.

I Updated to 3.5.1 and there is no change in the issue.
I'm really worried, because I don't have a backup of the most recent working version of that patch, and I had it so perfect.

Anyway, I'm including the patch here. I hope someone can help, thanks.
You are definitely spiking CPU through the roof when you load scene 2. Any blocks that you don't use in those 4 scenes should be removed from the preset. Running through scenes 1 - 4 I do not see you using the pitch block or drive 2. Removing just those 2 blocks dramatically lowers your CPU usage.

You are definitely spiking CPU through the roof when you load scene 2. Any blocks that you don't use in those 4 scenes should be removed from the preset. Running through scenes 1 - 4 I do not see you using the pitch block or drive 2. Removing just those 2 blocks dramatically lowers your CPU usage.
If you have a version of this preset that was saved with firmware V3.04, I can try to determine what's different (if anything).

Thanks so much for the replies guys.

So, the theory now is that:
I'm really close to the CPU ceiling + running audio through your preset uses CPU (maybe why the noise doesn't happen until I start playing), and being right on the edge of that point is making a really horrible noise...

I will test this by deleting a drive block from the preset temporarily, and testing again.

Will post my results.
Thanks again.

UPDATE:

Yeah, removing the second drive block (lowering the CPU in the preset) did the trick..
I think that's pretty weird since I have 4 other presets that are copied and pasted from that one with only the amplifier being changed...
I suppose it's possible that that particular 5150 model is more processor intense than the average amp for some reason.

Thanks again for the help guys, so happy to have a forum like this!

It could be that amp model does use more CPU. There are eight 12ax7's to model in this amp versus an average of 3-4 on most other amp models.

Back
Top Bottom