Help ..Lost with the FCB 1010 + Axe FX II

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi, I just got the FCB 1010 + Axe FX II to replace the rocktron midimate with Axe FX Ultra Trying to program the stompboxs and expression pedal in stompbox mode with the uno chip, following Voes UNO manual http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb10...0for use.pdf . The problem is I keep getting the first row only . Instead of getting the bottom row to give me 1-5 (X20) I am getting 1-5 presets (x10) Example, 1-5 to 11-16 to 21-25, always skipping the 2nd set of 5 presets . AND the stompbox mode says its engaged in global, BUT there are no stompboxes ONLY patches 96-100 where the stomp boxes SHOULD BE on all presets? Any ideas? Do I have to load the SYSexe manufacterer ID? 4 days with no luck. I would appreciate any help. Thanks Klaus

read later threads in the fcb1010 thread, solved all my problems, if you read everything still have issues, Im a noob but got it all working perfect. see the ones with pictures of ripwerx from voes. if you dont have ripworx I cant help.

Hi Symphx, are you using a AX II? If so can you start with your midi set up on the I/O midi page for the AX II?

I have ripwerx so if you send me a sysex, dump I could see if the editor will link up the FCB 1010. I think my setup on the FCB 1010 OR the ax II is incorrect because when I go to stompbox mode , none of the buttons work correctly.

here are my sysx for fcb

Hi Symphx, are you using a AX II? If so can you start with your midi set up on the I/O midi page for the AX II?

ok try these, one is so you can have ALL the buttons be pedal mode, but the lights wont correspond to on off, the other is standard stuff.

If you can't get it working after following all the advice/steps/sysex provided, I can try to help you out. I've moved on to an MFC, but I still have my Uno-modded FCB1010 which worked great for me. I had it set up in stompbox mode with stomps in the lower row.

Off the top of my head, the only thing you really need to make sure of is that you have the firmware set to allow Sysex receive (so that you can program the settings via Ripwerx), but everything else can be done from within Ripwerx. Also, in Stompbox mode, you only have 95 presets available (banks 0-18, with the final 5 reserved for the stomps).

I've attached a completely vanilla sysex that I used as a starting point on my setup.

Attachments

• Steve's UNO settings.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
duuuuuuuuude we help you out with our personal blood sweat and tears and not a peep? Let us know if it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symphx, I see ya missed me. A girl named Irene blew in to town played havoc with my internet connection. I still cannot get the FCB 1010 to link in the stompbox mode. Symphx / Steverosberg, I tried both presets NO GO. Thanks for the offer I Will continue the fight on Tues. with your help Thanks Enjoy the weekend guys ~Klaushouz

I still can't get this to work. the PC editor loads and responds that it loads the programs

• syx.gif
    good 2.syx‎ (2.3 KB, 2 views)
  • syx.gif
    pedalmode.syx‎ (2.3 KB, 5 views) in the editor
but the 1010 still reads AXE II PROGRAMS 96 TO 100 in the stompbox row AND skips presets 6-10 , 16-20 etc in the preset row after following Voes' manual, when I do step 1. Looks like the issue is the pedal configuration. I had a few keyboard friends try this with no luck. :cry

Loading presets in the Ripwerx does not automatically load them into the FCB.
Open up Ripwerx and see if the Sysex is enabled as per Voes's instructions. Have Ripwerx Get a patch dump from the FCB to see what is actually in there. Post it here and we'll pick it apart. I'm not here as often as I used to be, but I'm sure someone will check them out.

Except that I have the sysex ID [0] [32] [50] I can find nothing in the Good2 file that would cause the skipping of every 6-10 presets. So I'm figuring it's not loaded into the FCB correctly. I have Midi Merge enabled, but with the AxeII that is irrelevant. there are some options in preset 1 that puzzle me, like sending Preset change 1 on both prog chg 1 and 2, both on the same midi channel. And having cont1 toggle between 127 and 127, etc. But those shouldn't cause the skipping. Since this is all simple MIDI I don't think settings in the Axe-FX II would be programmed to behave like this out of the box.

Also, enable the MIDI Watch window in Ripwerx and see what it sends out.
When I got my used FCB the messages it was sending were really scrambled and I had to completely factory reset it to get it right. After that I loaded the standard preset Voes provided for the Axe-FX and it was good to go.

+1 to what Dutch said. Do a full reset of the FCB using the UnO instructions, and make sure Sysex receive is enabled. That's all that is needed for Ripwerx to function properly.

Once you've done this, load Ripwerx, make sure you have the proper MIDI adaptor selected, and connections (computer MIDI OUT -> FCB MIDI IN), and Send the patch--until you do this nothing has been actually sent to the FCB. You should see the FCB display blink, and do a power cycle as the new sysex settings are applied. As soon as the display is back on the FCB, your change should be applied. If the FCB display does not blink and do a power cycle, then your changes haven't taken effect.

Hope this helps you with the diagnosis of what's going on.

To clarify on the third paragraph of my first post, I meant see what the FCB is sending when you push buttons on it. Try button 1 and see what it says on the midi watch window. The messages should correspond with the programmed functions. Do this for all buttons and pedals. The pedals send 128 messages on any travel so that fills up the screen pretty fast.

Of course I assume everything is connected and selected correctly. Like Steve wrote.

Last edited:
Hi Guys I wanted to share with all on the list that gave up their time to look at my FCB 1010 issues. After weeks of frustration , I decided to look inside the unit, as NO ONE was having the same problems, and no known solutions worked. this is what I saw. I remember smelling ozone within the 1st month and brushed it off , as the unit seemed to work ok( I had no pedalboard at the time). Of course NO pedal board would work because all the routing has to pass through this area. Sent it back Fractal, had it fixed AND returned in 4 DAYS They rule - everything works , just in time to play a gig today. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help.View attachment 7542

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom