Help - keep getting logged out of the forum

nic72

Sorry mods if this is the wrong place for the thread but for the last week or two I have had to log in every time I use the forum. I always check the 'keep me logged in' box but it doesn't help. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance

It's your browser cache that stores the login info not the forum software. There would be a cookie stored in your browser cache to handle the login address and user name and your actual password would be in a secure keychain elsewhere on your device).

You might need to go in and check your Privacy settings on each browser and device you use (maybe you've a workplace machine and a home machine) and make sure 'allow cookies' is active or you're not using a private browsing session (which deletes any cookies and will not 'remember' passwords when you close the browser)

If your browser ever throws up a separate 'Save Password' screen even after ticking the Log me in automatically box then make sure you say yes

Guys, it was private browsing on my iPhone which was causing the issue. Thanks so much for your help and sorry for being a bit vague!

Guys, it was private browsing on my iPhone which was causing the issue. Thanks so much for your help and sorry for being a bit vague!

When you browse privately, the browser doesn't store cookies. When you check the Stay logged in box, it stores a cookie on your computer/phone to keep you logged in until you specifically log out.

When you browse privately, the browser doesn't store cookies. When you check the Stay logged in box, it stores a cookie on your computer/phone to keep you logged in until you specifically log out.
Hm. I still get bumped out after 15 minutes on my iPhone. I thought it was just how the site was designed. I always check the box. It might help a little. I still have log back in.

Hm. I still get bumped out after 15 minutes on my iPhone. I thought it was just how the site was designed. I always check the box. It might help a little. I still have log back in.

I'm not familiar with iPhone's so please bare with me. Is there a security setting in the browser that prevents cookies from being stored?

Back
Top Bottom