Help. Just got an AX8

jjdpro

Inspired
Hi guys, reading thru the manual and some youtube vids has got me going. However, I need your expertise. I'm stuck :)

I'm trying to edit presets.. Like, add and eq block or eq pedal. Turn down the delays.. What are your best practices? I'm a "pristine" clean player, so I'm looking that almost acoustic ( Glistening Clean) Fender, Dr Z.. Thanks in advance. 👍

I guess I am struggling to get "Pristine" " High head Room, No break, No Distortion, or saturation Clean ( Think )Fender Supersonic, New Twin Reverb, ( High Headroom).. Is the unit capable of such sounds? If so, what IR's ( Third-party ) do I need to invest in. Thanks. PS. I'm an FRFR user. Been using my trusty old Digitech RP 1000 and getting those sounds described above. Surely, this AX8 can and should outperform the RP1000.. :) Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of good IR's in the AX-8 to get you started. if super clean is what you desire you will have to turn master volume and input drive down on most of the amp sims. it is also very easy to put eq blocks before and/or after the amp block. the jass 120 maybe your cleanest amp, it is based on a solid state roland amp.

I guess I am struggling to get "Pristine" " High head Room, No break, No Distortion, or saturation Clean ( Think )Fender Supersonic, New Twin Reverb, ( High Headroom).. Is the unit capable of such sounds? If so, what IR's ( Third-party ) do I need to invest in. Thanks. PS. I'm an FRFR user. Been using my trusty old Digitech RP 1000 and getting those sounds described above. Surely, this AX8 can and should outperform the RP1000.. :) Thanks in advance.
the IR wouldn't do too much to the "headroom" or gain level, in my opinion. that's mostly the amp.

i'd suggest the USA Pre Clean or the Shiver Clean.

Back
Top Bottom