• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

    Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Help : Instrument in not working

carlguit

Member
I'm having an issue with the front input. It happened when I plugged at sound check today and I ended up using the rear input. I'm on a fly date near Portland, Oregon and since I'm from Montreal, I thought that if it needs assistance, I'd rather send it from here. I was wondering if it was possible that a simple connector might have gotten loose or something inside? Any advices are more than welcome. I got some electronic background so if it's something simple I could have a look at it but I'd rather have it done professionally as I got a bunch of gigs lined up... Not too sure what to do here.
 

bradlake

Axe-Master
I'm having an issue with the front input. It happened when I plugged at sound check today and I ended up using the rear input. I'm on a fly date near Portland, Oregon and since I'm from Montreal, I thought that if it needs assistance, I'd rather send it from here. I was wondering if it was possible that a simple connector might have gotten loose or something inside? Any advices are more than welcome. I got some electronic background so if it's something simple I could have a look at it but I'd rather have it done professionally as I got a bunch of gigs lined up... Not too sure what to do here.
Your timing is unfortunate, as today and tomorrow are holidays, but it wouldn’t hurt to attempt to contact them today, maybe they are in.
email them at support@fractalaudio.com
 

markmurtha

Member
I was in the middle of a soundcheck last night, and the front input stopped working. I remembered reading about other people having the same problem, so I switched to the rear input 1 and everything was fine. I sent an email to support that night and got a reply in a short time from Mark Day. He said it could be the ribbon cable or the input board.

I opened it up today, and sure enough, the ribbon cable on the input board had backed itself almost completely out of the socket. The other end of the cable on the main board was working its way out, too. I secured all of the ribbon cables in the unit, and put a drop of hot glue on each side of the connectors to keep them in place. All is well now. It also gave me an excuse to reconfigure my patch panel, which is definitely improved now. :)
 
Top Bottom