Help in figuring out which system......

I'd suggest asking specific questions and people are really helpful here. I had a FX8, but am on the iii now...

Ok, so you spoke to a boutique amp builder and a boutique pedal builder. Kind of the nature of boutique...

Gibson was a "problem". This was not a problem, this was a "use" issue, not that there was something wrong... And if there was, you would open a support case with Fractal and they WILL talk to you.

I'm not sure how an iPad qualifies as music gear, that is consumer electronics...

When did you talk, or attempt to talk, to Fractal customer support? Because the forum is NOT customer support even though Fractal staff, including (The Creator) Cliff are very active on the forums.

In any case, you've obviously made up your mind. I won't try further to convince you otherwise.

You asked me about music gear and customer service, I gave you several examples, but apparently, those don't count. LOL. Gibson will TALK to you about use issues or any other "issue" you have with them.

No, Fractal WON'T talk to me, they will EMAIL me, which I DID try and the response I got was USELESS because I had no idea WTF they were talking about. Maybe the almighty creator will see that he needs to make some VERBAL support available to his customers.

Just for fun, I made a phone call to Line 6 about their Helix. In less than 8 min. I had someone on the phone explaining to me the use of their tuning system. LOL. That is a good example for you, and if the creator reads this, to know that not everyone takes the "read the manual idiot", and/or "email only" practice. There IS customer service out there, and it seems your competition takes it seriously.

I'd suggest asking specific questions and people are really helpful here. I had a FX8, but am on the iii now...

I'm trying to figure out, among other things, how to get the tuner to display or calibrate to 1/2 step down tuning quickly. I use it in a live setting, and some of our material is 1/2 step down.

I'm trying to figure out, among other things, how to get the tuner to display or calibrate to 1/2 step down tuning quickly. I use it in a live setting, and some of our material is 1/2 step down.
The tuner doesn't support tuning offset that large.

From the manual:

B1C7D5E8-6208-4BF5-8667-D0E1B44B135C.jpeg

The tuner should already indicate notes such a Eb, Ab, etc...

Edit:

Note that I don't use an FX8. I simply opened the manual and searched.

Thank you, I saw that page, but and I got the tuner to come up, but when I'm striking the notes, I don't see Eb appear anywhere.

The tuners don’t have any modes like “1/2 step down” or similar. You’ll have to tune to the actual note you want.

I recently went backstage for a very high profile legendary band. They use a different brand rack tuner in the tech area. On the rack case on masking tape, they wrote down the notes they need for different guitar tunings. It’s faster that switching modes on the tuner itself and potentially leaving it in the wrong mode.

So the expectation was to get somebody from FAS to explain to you what's documented in the manual ? I can understand that this was a disappointing experience. I never expected anything like that but I have to admit that I'm a professional IT nerd and many if not most users around here have a certain level of IT affinity. Did you call your cellphone/computer maker to get help setting up your email ?

So the expectation was to get somebody from FAS to explain to you what's documented in the manual ? I can understand that this was a disappointing experience. I never expected anything like that but I have to admit that I'm a professional IT nerd and many if not most users around here have a certain level of IT affinity. Did you call your cellphone/computer maker to get help setting up your email ?
this seems harsh and maybe just didn't need to chime in?

posts like this make the forum seem hostile.

this seems harsh and maybe just didn't need to chime in?

posts like this make the forum seem hostile.

Honestly, no offense meant. I think the OP falls into a category of users that FAS never thought of. He might not be the usual customer, though.

Back
Top Bottom