HELP!!! In Dallas **FIXED-Thanks Cliff and all who replied**

GtarLover

Experienced
Hey Guys,
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, yet I am desperate.

I flew into Dallas today from Tampa for a gig tomorrow. I brought my Axe III and an FC6 controller.
Plugged the rig in at the hotel here to download my layouts for the controller and my FC6 is DEAD!!
No lights, no nothing. Was working fine yesterday as I was programming things for this show.

I know this is a huge ask, yet is there anyone in the Dallas area that could loan me a FC6 or FC12 for a gig tomorrow night??

I am staying at the Westin Hotel downtown Dallas and tried a couple things but my FC6 seems to be MORTE.
I am at the mercy of you amazing people here...unfortunately I don't have a car, we took an Uber from the airport.
It's a BIG ask, I know. I just don't know where else to turn at the moment.

Please, anyone that might be able to help??
It's a bigger show (3000 or so) and I really need a controller.

I did email Fractal support, haven't heard back yet...they are awesome, yet not sure if they can help me at this point.

Thanks for reading...you guys are MUCH appreciated
Feel free to PM me for direct contact info.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Cliff
Yep, tried 2 different XLR's the have both worked in the past.
I have a panel on the back of my rack, and tried plugging directly into the Axe III as well and into the panel, no dice

Open to ALL ideas

Maybe you can set up controllers through pedal one and pedal two and switch presets and scenes that way?

Alternatively some perhaps someone in Dallas can lend you one. Texans are good people.👍

Maybe you can set up controllers through pedal one and pedal two and switch presets and scenes that way?

Alternatively some perhaps someone in Dallas can lend you one. Texans are good people.👍

Really hoping for a borrow at this point. I have plenty of options if I'm at home...just not while away. Thanks for the idea.
If anyone can help out, that would be AMAZEBALLS!!!

I have you can find a Philips screwdriver take the cover of the Axe-Fx off and make sure the cables are all seated. It may be the cable to that daughter board came off.

That was my first thought as well, after trying the cables as you had suggested.
I pulled each cable and re-seated them, nothing.

I have you can find a Philips screwdriver take the cover of the Axe-Fx off and make sure the cables are all seated. It may be the cable to that daughter board came off.

I misread your post, as I had taken the cover off the FC6 and made sure all the cables were seated well.
Just took the Axe III cover off and the ribbon cable for the Faslink II was a bit loose. Seated it back and VOILA!!!

You good sir are the cats pajamas!!

Thank you Cliff and all who replied. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your input and your support!!!!
You are all the very best!!

Thanks again gents. The show WILL GO ON 🎸🎤

I had this happen on my Axe II XL, the ribbon cable connector for Output 1 came loose from the slot and I had no output. I was kind of shocked that it wasn't hot-glued in.

Back
Top Bottom