Help, I'm lost noob

arniez

I,m running an FM3 and Atomic CLR (relatively new)
I assumed the easiest tones for me to get would be higher gain tones.I'm doing great with clean and edge of breakup stuff. Incredibly great tone and feel. I can’t get a higher gain tone at all. I have tried some of Leon's presets and Fantone trying to tweak them. I have read the amp block and drive block on the manual and still not getting it. I have tried the input boost trim saturation fat drive etc and still am not getting close enough. I am looking to play at reasonable volumes but
not gig volumes. Have tried single coils and a Katana and got the CLR to deal with an absolute know.Any and all suggestions appreciated, what is your secret sauce for high gain tones?
arniez

Last edited:
I can do a livestream in a few minutes if you can chat with me on YouTube, twitch or Facebook. Let me know and I’ll setup.

So what I can’t get is enough grind and gain. I can use one of the high gain presets and it sounds nothing like the demo.

So what I can’t get is enough grind and gain.
That's surprising, on the face of it. It's very easy to dial in too much gain. And that may be part of your problem. Beyond a certain point, adding more gain just reduces the grind.

Have tried single coils...
Not the best bet for high-gain tones. )

...and got the CLR to deal with an absolute know.
What does that mean?

Thanks for all the replies so far!
I got the CLR because a; my name came up on the list and they seem hard to get and b; to help r/o that my previous setup thru the loop of a Katana was not the reason for my issue. The CLR is a known piece that people have had great success with.

Hi arniez
Have a look on axechange.com, and download some presets that suit what you’re after. Also, have you tried turning down your master volume in the amp block, and turning the volume up? That’s often an “aha” moment!
Thanks
Pauly

I,m running an FM3 and Atomic CLR (relatively new)
I assumed the easiest tones for me to get would be higher gain tones.I'm doing great with clean and edge of breakup stuff. Incredibly great tone and feel. I can’t get a higher gain tone at all. I have tried some of Leon's presets and Fantone trying to tweak them. I have read the amp block and drive block on the manual and still not getting it. I have tried the input boost trim saturation fat drive etc and still am not getting close enough. I am looking to play at reasonable volumes but
not gig volumes. Have tried single coils and a Katana and got the CLR to deal with an absolute know.Any and all suggestions appreciated, what is your secret sauce for high gain tones?
arniez

“I can’t get a higher gain tone at all”

There must be something wrong in your global setup. Maybe you’re output is copying the input or something. If maybe the problem was you can’t get the flavor of dirt or your preference the help from all these great guys could be useful. But not being able to get a high gain tone? Have you tried the factory presets? Can’t get any dirt there?

Check your system settings

we're all just guessing until you can provide a recording of you playing through one of the factory presets.

I have been making some progress, but have had limited time to devote at the moment. I’m seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Watching some of Chris”s videos has been helpful!
arniez

Can you expand on that please?
Arnie
You’ll need to adjust the input level on the back of the CLR to where it’s red light is just barely flashing at your highest playing/axe output levels. With the gain issues you’re having, you’ll want to do this again after you resolve those issues.

Back
Top Bottom