Help! How make Pedal 2 latching?

Per Boysen

Inspired
Hi guys,

I can't find the setting to make Pedal 2 work as latching rather than momentary. Where is this menu to be found in the Axe-Fx III?

Background:
As Pedal 1 I'm using a Roland expression pedal for sweeping and as Pedal 2 I'm using a simple switch of the type that can also be used for sustain pedal on MIDI keyboards (resting at the lowest value and sending the highest value while pressed down, then on let-go it again sends the lowes value). I know that my switch can do momentary CV work because this is how I'm using it with other devices.

(I edited my post since I first had made the mistake to switch the terms latching and momentary. Sorry about the confusion :eek: )

Last edited:
In the axe II it is in the I/O menu under pedal. I do not yet have a axe fx III
DANG!!!! Yeah, there it is. Thanks a lot! Now I'm in for some fun.,.. :cool:

Damn, now I need to reverse the Axe's response to the Pedal 2 CV, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in the current firmware. Ouch, this means I will have to plan on a soldering session and do a little pedal surgery.

Last edited:
Yes, invert the Min/Max modifier values.
I'm afraid this doesn't work because both CV Pedal inputs are targeting the same parameters in a continuous/sweeping vs latching manner. If I invert the Min/Max modifier values both pedals will still be fighting each other (just in the opposite directions). What I need here is a way to reverse only the data generated by Pedal 2, while leaving the Pedal 1 functionality intact.

I'm afraid this doesn't work because both CV Pedal inputs are targeting the same parameters in a continuous/sweeping vs latching manner. If I invert the Min/Max modifier values both pedals will still be fighting each other (just in the opposite directions). What I need here is a way to reverse only the data generated by Pedal 2, while leaving the Pedal 1 functionality intact.
I guess I missed the fact that you're controlling the same parameter with both the pedal and switch.

How does that work? Are you using each as an external controller but with the same CC?

I guess I missed the fact that you're controlling the same parameter with both the pedal and switch.

How does that work? Are you using each as an external controller but with the same CC?
Modifiers now have 2 Sources.

You should be able to do this without rewiring the switch. Use Source 1 (pedal) minus Source 2 (switch) and swap modifier start & end values.
Sorry, I tried this too. What happens is that the direction for both the expression pedal (Pedal 1 input) and the switch (Pedal 2 input) get reversed. I only need to swap modifier start and end values for Source 2 (switch)

Try that again carefully. The pedal needs to be source 2. Somehow you switched what I said in the quote.
Yes, I switched it around to avoid confusion, since I have the two two Pedal inputs the other way around (and that is what has been up so far during this thread). But wait, are you saying the two CV pedal inputs are different in the way that only Source 2 can handle a continuous expression pedal when combined with a latching switch if they both target the same parameter (but obviously in two different ways)?

Source 1 & Source 2 at the modifier menu with start/mid/end etc.

It doesn't matter which ports you use. Just make sure Source 2 is whatever port your pedal is.

Back
Top Bottom