Help: How do I set up Wah/Whammy autoengage in different scenes?

aleclee

Power User
I have a preset where I want my spring-loaded pedal to control wah on some scenes and whammy on others. My original plan was to set different autoengage settings in the Wah & Pitch blocks' X/Y settings but I then realized that modifiers are shared across X/Y. My next idea was to X/Y a mixer to only allow one device or the other to pass signal at a time. No dice since the mixer block has no X/Y.

At this point, I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work or should I just add Mixer X/Y to the wish list?

What if you split your signal to different rows for the pitch and wah, and recombine the signal afterwards and set both blocks' bypass mode to mute? EDIT: wait that won't work... :/

Do what I said above but put a volume/pan block each before the wah and pitch and set that to mute on bypass.

Mixer blocks aren't bypassable so you'd need something else like vol/filter.

When you have these before the amp block there's a way to use just 1 vol/filter that should usually work:

Set pitch & wah balances to opposite sides. Send both to one vol/filter with Pan L & Pan R opposite of defaults, thru bypass mode. Set amp input select to L or R. The vol/filter bypass state will determine which effect reaches the amp.

Try using an IA for the mixer block to choose either the wah or whammy, then auto engage. Do a search. I don't remember the exact settings but this has been discussed before with this same sort of resolution.

Mixer blocks aren't bypassable so you'd need something else like vol/filter.

When you have these before the amp block there's a way to use just 1 vol/filter that should usually work:

Set pitch & wah balances to opposite sides. Send both to one vol/filter with Pan L & Pan R opposite of defaults, thru bypass mode. Set amp input select to L or R. The vol/filter bypass state will determine which effect reaches the amp.

I've been using Bakerman's method for a long time now, with my spring-loaded Mission pedal. Works great! No desire for a 2nd pedal.

I switch the pedal modes (Whammy/Wah, or other stuff in specific presets) through an IA (Balance parameter in Whammy and Wah blocks is attached to external controller). Works great but not with scenes indeed. A VOL block as suggested by Bakerman would do the trick in that scenario.

Back
Top Bottom