HELP! How do i load the ownhammer IR? (video inside)

maskedman72

Hello,

I am trying to load this IR into my standard and I have everything I need but I can not get this to work and I have no clue what I am doing wrong.

looks like the axfx and axe edit are not communicating but the midi in light blinks on the axe fx so I don't know?

here is what I have

pc
midiman 2X2 with correct drivers (the midiman is on and functioning properly)
ownhammer cab for axefx (not axe fx II)

I am hooking it up as follows=midi out on the midiman to midi in on the axfx.

please watch this 30 second video.

Cant load cab help! - YouTube

please help.

Before you can drag it over you need to resolve the not connected issue you are seeing in Axe-Edit first.

What firmware version is your standard on and which version of Axe-Edit are you trying to use?

To validate you have:
midi out on AxeFx to midi in on the mm 2x2
midi out on the mm 2x2 to midi in on AxeFx

Have you validated both AxeFx and Axe-Edit are communicating on same midi channel?

Before you can drag it over you need to resolve the not connected issue you are seeing in Axe-Edit first.

What firmware version is your standard on and which version of Axe-Edit are you trying to use?

To validate you have:
midi out on AxeFx to midi in on the mm 2x2
midi out on the mm 2x2 to midi in on AxeFx

Have you validated both AxeFx and Axe-Edit are communicating on same midi channel?

thanks for the reply.

I am only using 1 midi cable since I only want to send the information to the axfx.

so I have it set up as follows=midi out from midiman to midi in on axfx.

the standard is V11.0 and axe edit I believe is the latest edition.

midichannel is set to 1 in axe edit and on axfx.

I seem to remember that you can only send patches/cabs etc to the Axe-Fx if you have 2 way communication between the PC midi interface and the Axe Fx, which would require 2 midi cables, one for sending from the PC midi interface, and one to receive from the axe-Fx.

I seem to remember that you can only send patches/cabs etc to the Axe-Fx if you have 2 way communication between the PC midi interface and the Axe Fx, which would require 2 midi cables, one for sending from the PC midi interface, and one to receive from the axe-Fx.

Can anyone confirm this?

I thought i only need 1 cable to send the IR to the axfx.

to connect to Axe-Edit you probably need 2 midi cables. it doesn't matter that what you want to do is simply send, Axe-Edit needs information back from the Axe-Fx to work.

to send the cab using a SysEx sending program, you can probably just use 1 cable.

try MIDI-OX. load the IR file. on the Axe go to any Cab 1 block (it MUST be Cab 1) and select the Blank User location you want to load the file to. send the file. it should work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom