HELP! HELP! HELP!

Tonemaster

Inspired
I just restored back to v5_07. The install went fine but patches 000-122, 125, 126 are completely BLANK! I did a utility backup (BACKUP BANK A) prior to the install but when I do RESTORE USER BANK A it says "restoring" as if all is fine but the patches are still blank. That bank contains my gig patches and hundreds of hours of work. This is the only back up I have! I would have thought the backup on the system would be bullet proof.

What happened? Please don't tell me I have to recreate all those patches

OMG! OMG! OMG! :mrgreen

I believe there have been many dependability probs for that way of backup (anyone?).

Can you still open presets in AE from them and see the pars? At least you'll have that.

Good firmware BTW. I will also revisit it someday for the smilefan presets alone.

UPDATE...I went back to v7 and all of the presets are there...WTF!!!! Note to anyone wanting to go back to v507, do so at your own risk!

BTW, I was going back because my main sim, FAS Wrecker sounds absolutely amazing and I use variations of it for 90 percent of my songs. I have not been able to get the same tone in version 6 or 7 and decided I would go back.....guess not!

You could go back just for recording the bare amp and tonematching it in v7.
That's what I'd like to do for a bunch of smilefan's presets. Had some of my biggest kicks with those.
Had a lucky match with my setup, I suppose.

Great idea. So many of these threads are littering the board at times, so it would be interesting in more way than one ;)
But of course we know many will just post away...

UPDATE...I went back to v7 and all of the presets are there...WTF!!!! Note to anyone wanting to go back to v507, do so at your own risk!

BTW, I was going back because my main sim, FAS Wrecker sounds absolutely amazing and I use variations of it for 90 percent of my songs. I have not been able to get the same tone in version 6 or 7 and decided I would go back.....guess not!
Cool. It's good that you got your presets back.

Now...BACK THEM UP!...before you do anything else. :)

Doing it now. For some reason, prior to v7 and the latest AE, I could not to a Backup and Sync. Just verified that is now working...thank God!. Is there any other way to back up the Axe, particularly if the internal bank backup doesn't work. BTW, has anyone else had issues with that? Or. perhaps that is working OK and it appearted not to be as an artifact of the whole back leveling jto 5_07 firmware fiasco?

Back
Top Bottom