Help getting this POG/Vibrato sound [Solved]

chucma

Fractal Fanatic
I have been asked to get this sound nailed, but am not even close with my attempts so was wondering if anyone had managed to do something similar and could help me please?

The video says he uses a POG with emphasis on the high octave, so I used a Pitch block (dual shift) and have set the Shift on 1 voice to 12 (my high octave) and then tried adjusting the modulation to taste. I also tried adding a Tremelo after the Pitch block.

I just cannot seem to come close and am hoping someone else has any good ideas on this please? I'm using an Axe-FX III so hopefully I have put this in the right forum!

POG sound

The description says: "bridge pickup, overdriven, 8th note delay (101 bpm), POG with emphasis on high octave. vibrato. light verb. Below are some ideas to try (play around with the location/order/combination of blocks)
  • compressor (set to taste)
  • pitch block (mix level seems pretty high, classic whammy set to +1 octave, tracking at mono)
    • can be parallel (100% mix level adjusted) with a drive before/after (again 100% mix, level adjusted)
    • adding a second pitch shifted signal an octave down with lower mix may help too
  • drive block (octave distortion seems like a good candidate, similar to the parallel idea above)
  • delay (vintage digital, set to 8th note w/ appropriate tempo, mix to taste)
    • can be a different algorithm, basically whatever character suits you
  • chorus block (http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Chorus_block#Vibrato)
  • whatever reverb you like
The basic idea I'm going for is to give the octave a "thickness" with kind of an old school vibe.

Back
Top Bottom