Help getting a tone like this

Jvstrat

Experienced
Axe Fx 2 - Marshall Tones - YouTube

How can I get some Marshall tones like this guy does on his Axe 2? I'm guessing JCM 800, but what cab? I have the new ownhammers and all the fractal cab packs, but need some help. I tried getting him to share his preset, but he didn't respond. Thanks

Good question (what cab is he using on the video). He does have an actual Marshall head and cab sitting behind him. Ask him.

I did ask him several days ago, but no response. I don't think he's playing through the amp and cab. He made some comment about dialing a jcm 800 quietly while everyone is sleeping. I may try tonematching it and see what I get.

Good question (what cab is he using on the video). He does have an actual Marshall head and cab sitting behind him. Ask him.

The Les Paul with the humbuckers helps. What guitar are you using Jvstrat? Try the Brit 800 like he indicates in the comments of his post. What are your options as far as amplification goes? It sounds like this was directly recorded since he says he's doing it while everyone else is sleeping. So FRFR would be required live. I don't know if I hear the guitar in the room, I don't think so. Just have fun and start with the basics, the meat and potatoes and leave the advanced stuff for dessert. Best of luck Jvstrat, let me know how it goes.

The Les Paul with the humbuckers helps. What guitar are you using Jvstrat? Try the Brit 800 like he indicates in the comments of his post. What are your options as far as amplification goes? It sounds like this was directly recorded since he says he's doing it while everyone else is sleeping. So FRFR would be required live. I don't know if I hear the guitar in the room, I don't think so. Just have fun and start with the basics, the meat and potatoes and leave the advanced stuff for dessert. Best of luck Jvstrat, let me know how it goes.

Thanks, I have several guitars of which one is an old les paul studio from the early 90's. I have Yamaha HS80 studio monitors, an old 18 watt atomic amp, and an ev elx112p frfr. I have some tweaking to do.

Back
Top Bottom