Help for Dinosuars still on 7

krcassid

Inspired
Thank You Fractal!

Now, for those of us (please tell me I'm not the only chicken) who are still on 7.0, have never used the Bot, have not upgraded any Firmware or drivers for a year... What is the "smart" way to do this killer upgrade? IE: Install Fractal Bot, Install, 11 & presets, Install AE 3.0... and life is wonderful?

Do I need anything new for my MFC?

Thanks!

Your plan is perfect! Just make sure your MFC is on the latest update and you'll be good to go! Fractal Bot is so self explanatory that I am pretty sure that the release notes say exactly that :) Its a really simple and awesome tool!

Edit: make sure you backup your presets first! and read the release notes ;)

If you have presets you want to save, you need to back them up first. Then upgrade to 10.xx with the Fractal Bot. Save each preset manually (reset amp, save/enter/enter). Then use the Fractal Bot app to update to v.11. Update your USB drivers for your computer if necessary. If you have an MFC, you need to upgrade to 2.18. That's a different process; if you need help just ask.

If you are not going to keep any of your existing presets, then your plan is how you do it.

It's pretty straightforward, really.

First off, you need your computer to be ready to talk to the thing, so you have to upgrade your USB driver.
Connect up to the Axe via USB.
Then, you need the upload/download utility so you can move things back and forth, so download/install FractalBot.
Then, you need the latest firmware (11.0) on the AxeFx, so install that using FractalBot.
Then, you need the latest presets, so download/install those using FractalBot.
Then, if you have an MFC you'll want the latest firmware on that so you can use "Scenes", among other improvements. That'll require a MIDI connection - it won't go over the USB.

In all cases, as you extract the zip files, there will be a "readme" file of some sort, called "release notes" or words to that effect; I can't remember. Anyway, in each case, READ THEM BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!

Once you're done, you'll be happy, Happy, HAPPY!

Before reloading my own presets I did a 'System Reset' as a lot of people say this can solve several issues (with any version of firmware)

Back
Top Bottom