Help for bluegrass? kind of sound

Raab90

Inspired
Hi,

I just found this thing I did many years ago using podfarm 1 and a UX2. However, I recall never getting it to sound right no matter what amps, cab, compt, etc... combination I used
I know the models within pod farm are light years behind the AXE's capabilities, but still, with proper mixing even a POD 2.0 can make it into a record.

The problem is that the bass line and trebly licks were played at the same time (Thumb: E and A string; Index, Middle, Ring fingers D-e strings), so I need an amp that can cover both the bass and trebly lines, almost as if they were being payed separately.
Am I making any sense?

What are your suggestions?
My first approach will be a fender, but I know there are more amps out there that might better suit my needs.

It was recorded in one take using a fat strat (yamaha pacifica).

Sorry for my bad playing here. Feels bad to upload this among all these talented people's recordings.

Pedal compressor I think. Because it's easy to use.
Or maybe you could try the output compressor in the amp block, also very useful IMHO.
And I have to say, like in the real world, when you're playing on a cheap amp everything is fine,(except the sound and feel) than you get a really good amp, and wow, what is happening there, what am I playing? a good amp delivers more clarity and dynamics, much more sensitive to your playing style.

Back
Top Bottom