Why that values? On my ultra unit in I/O settings (midi) the display shows:
MIDI CHANNEL 1
SYSEX ID : 00 01 74
Why do i have put different parameters on the axe edit?
To the best of my recollection (it's been years since I dug into the inner working of the UIltra), the correct SYSEXID has a decimail value of 125 or x'7D' (hex). On both the Ultra and AxeEdit, the value should be set to SYSEX ID : 00 00 7D so that they can communicate with each other.
You could try putting the "00 01 74" in AxeEdit and see if it works.. but I believe fw 11 is looking for the "00 00 7D" value.

HISTORY: At one point, FAS products did NOT have an assigned SYSEXID that many other vendors already had. If I recall that was applied for and assigned sometime around the release of the old fw v9 or 10 - prior to the release of the AxeII. So, AxeEdit [before v3 was released] had the ability to CHANGE the sysexid. That has subsequently been embedded in the product and no longer user modifiable.
So.. AE and the Std/Ultra had to have MATCHING SYSEXID's.
I recommend reading the old wiki link I posted above.. it has correct values.

So, regarding this... with the latest Axe edit available for the ultra, I could not connect to the device, however I could send information but not extract from the ultra. That is why I was able to reset presets and update to the latest firmware. I tried older versions of edit on various windows platforms even Linux mint. I was unable to get the editing to work. Came up with various errors: check midi io, not connected... etc... all the same issues as before. My thoughts now are that it is the roland um one mk2 midi interface. Im in no rush to get something different since all the editing is the same as whats on the axe fx unit itself. Will update if anything changes.

I think I have figured it out! This may be a long post so apologies...

-I used an OLD version of axe edit v1.0.188 that I got from here: http://archive.axefx.fr/AxeFX I (Standard & Ultra)/AxeEdit/ ----This is not my website so credit to whoever uploaded this!

-on the settings tab in axe edit: under midi you should see your midi inputs on your pc, on mine it said "midi through"
-the midi channel set it to 1 just for easier use
-axe fx sysex ID should be 00 01 74 Decimal ID 372
-I set my midi buffer size to 1000 and delay to 0ms

under the merge tab for the controller I/O you should see your midi interface (midisport, roland, whatever you use for your midi.)

On my axe fx Ultra, on the midi page in I/o settings:

-midi channel omni and leave everything else as is.

I didnt have a lot of time to play around with it but i was able to send and receive information to and from the axe fx. Also when I changed a setting on axe edit it changed it in the axe fx.

I think the main issue is not the interface originally, it was axe edit for my problem. I use Linux mint and it is working for me so far. I will be trying it with Windows 8 tomorrow and will let you know how that works.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom