Hi axe users.My ultra just arrived yesterday and I was checking all the features. It's very hard for a first look to understand. Can you help me with some questions?
1. How can I reset all the presets to the original factory?
2. How can I start to do my own patch? Is it better to create it with the pc editor software? Walkthrough suggestions?
3. There's no headphones line on the unit so I have to use the output for that (but it comes mono and not stereo)?

Hi Roberto,

Don't have a guitar in front of me, but I will give you some tips until someone else chimes in. First download the manual. Also check wiki.fractalaudio.com That could be even more helpful.

Either source will tell how to use the utility menu to restore presets. You may need to download the latest ultra presets from fractalaudio.com.

To create a patch, you have to overwrite one already on your unit. Just pick one you don't like (Poltergeist Pig was the first for me) and change stuff around. Trial and error will teach you.

Using the editor is easier than the front panel. Download software from same source above.

For headphones, I used a simple 2 channel Mackie mixer that was about $100. Adding a mixer will also let you mix your guitar with any music you are trying to copy.

Was recently in the same boat as you when I stepped into the Fractal world.
What I did forst was updated to the last and latest firmware (v11).

I am unable to use axe edit to make patches with my roland um one mk2 so I do all the editting through the front panel. Its a bit tougher to see everything but everything is there as would be on the editor. Yet all the firmware updating and preset resetting works...

If there is anyone around who can figure out how to use axe edit with my Roland interface, I would owe you the world! Lol.

I also reset all the presets to original through axe edit.

Making a patch is very easy once you get it, read the manual, it really does help a lot.

Good luck!

I downloaded a previous AXE EXIT version 'cause i red that for the ULTRA it's necessary to use older version.
But i have also the same problem. The software recognises the MIDI USB ports but it doesn't connect to the unit.
Please, someone help me with this issue 'cause i have to create a lot of preset but without the edit program it results difficult to me.
Thank you all...

That is the same issue I am having. I thought about buying a midisport that seems to work for everyone. However I am scared that I will have the same issue. I would be interested in a fix for this too

I downloaded a previous AXE EXIT version 'cause i red that for the ULTRA it's necessary to use older version.
But i have also the same problem. The software recognises the MIDI USB ports but it doesn't connect to the unit.
Please, someone help me with this issue 'cause i have to create a lot of preset but without the edit program it results difficult to me.
Thank you all...
Which AxeEdit "version" did you download. For fw11 on both STd/Ultra you should use this one..
http://steve.sideroadsband.com.s3.amazonaws.com/AxeFx/editors/AxeEdit/winXP/Axe-Edit_Setup_0_9_191 (Ultra-Std v11).exe
And yes, a midisport works fine.. I have both the UNO and "green" Anniversary model (CLiff used) on my UItra.

You MAY need to download the vendor drivers - depending on the OS you are using, and whether you are connected to a USB 3 port or not.

NOTE: the labels on the Midisport MIDI IN/OUT connectors are misleading. They reference the MIDI direction of the Midisport device. So.. you'll connect the Midisport MIDI OUT to the Ultra's MIDI "IN" port and the Midisports MIDI IN connector to the Ultra's MIDI OUT port.

That is the same issue I am having. I thought about buying a midisport that seems to work for everyone. However I am scared that I will have the same issue. I would be interested in a fix for this too

This is my midi interface:
4924511_1479233033.jpg

Which AxeEdit "version" did you download. For fw11 on both STd/Ultra you should use this one..
http://steve.sideroadsband.com.s3.amazonaws.com/AxeFx/editors/AxeEdit/winXP/Axe-Edit_Setup_0_9_191 (Ultra-Std v11).exe
And yes, a midisport works fine.. I have both the UNO and "green" Anniversary model (CLiff used) on my UItra.

You MAY need to download the vendor drivers - depending on the OS you are using, and whether you are connected to a USB 3 port or not.

NOTE: the labels on the Midisport MIDI IN/OUT connectors are misleading. They reference the MIDI direction of the Midisport device. So.. you'll connect the Midisport MIDI OUT to the Ultra's MIDI "IN" port and the Midisports MIDI IN connector to the Ultra's MIDI OUT port.

I install the edit of your link. But it's always the same issue: it doesn't connect. The firmware of my ultra is 11.00 (MAy 8 2011). I have install also the Midisport drivers for the interface. Infacts the edit sees the two ports....and yes, i put the IN of the interface in OUT of the unit and the OUT to IN of the axe. All settings and the connections are right but nothing works

I install the edit of your link. But it's always the same issue: it doesn't connect. The firmware of my ultra is 11.00 (MAy 8 2011). I have install also the Midisport drivers for the interface. Infacts the edit sees the two ports....and yes, i put the IN of the interface in OUT of the unit and the OUT to IN of the axe. All settings and the connections are right but nothing works

Exact same issue I have. Im able to update the unit but cant use axe edit for patch tweaking.

Hope someone more knowledgeable can solve the problem for you. I tried use that same MidiSport Uno with my Ultra and could never get it to connect. Changing to a different interface solved the problem. I think the Wiki has a list of interfaces known to work.

Hope someone more knowledgeable can solve the problem for you. I tried use that same MidiSport Uno with my Ultra and could never get it to connect. Changing to a different interface solved the problem. I think the Wiki has a list of interfaces known to work.
So do i have to change it other midi interface? Why? Mine works very well if i try to connect my boss gt8 to pc.

Did you set the SYSEXID (or check its EX value) in AxeEdit ?
"F0 00 00 7D"
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Tutorials#Changing_the_sysex_ID

It won't connect without the correct value.. pls check it.

I used the Midisport UNO without issue for years on various incarnations of Windoze, thru MANY, MANY beta firmware and AE releases.
Can't speak for the Mac side of the house.

Why that values? On my ultra unit in I/O settings (midi) the display shows:
MIDI CHANNEL 1
SYSEX ID : 00 01 74
Why do i have put different parameters on the axe edit?

I can't answer that question, but I'll bump this to hopefully get an answer from someone more knowledgeable. Maybe just try the different setting and see if it works. It sounds like many people have made the Unisport work. I recall it was one the interfaces that generated a lot of questions when I was using an Ultra, which by the way is a great unit. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom