Help figuring out what mode I may have been stuck in

elvtnedge

I'll ask the question but with the limited information I have from memory I don't know if anyone can answer... but here goes..

The other night at rehearsal, I must have accidentally put my FM9 in a different mode. I have it in the OMG9 mode with presets on the bottom and scene button, effect button etc at the top. Anyways I hit the bank down button a couple of times so I saw the text in the window changing (for example 460-465, 455-460) for the banks, but the bottom row of switches that usually change showing me what presets are available in those new banks didn't change at all. They were just flashing the same current presets. So I was changing banks, but the presets weren't changing to give me one to select. I thought maybe I had hit two buttons together and tried the mode where you rock your foot forward hitting the two last buttoms (top and bottom) at the same time. That brought me to a mode where all the buttons were a yellow colour. While still playing the song I was trying to figure it out and not having any luck. Luckily I had my laptop connected to the unit so I changed to the preset I wanted.
So my question is, can anyone figure out what mode I may have accidentally changed to, and how would I get out of this mode if I didn't have my laptop. I have my first show with it this weekend and won't have my laptop hooked up to it and should this happen again I want to be prepared.
I don't remember much more than this unfortunately.

There aren’t any modes, but instead layouts, which are collections of footswitch assignments.

Just spin the E knob to go through all the Layouts and figure out which you were in. You can always spin the E knob to go to the layout you want.

When the row of preset switches blinks, that means the unit is awaiting a preset selection.
There's no way to "escape" from that scenario except to select a new preset.

My first guess was that you hit the E knob with your foot. This landed you in the un-used layout 8.
To prevent this, you could add a switch on Layout 8 that loads Layout 1.
I don't think this was the case though, since the preset switches weren't empty for you.

You did what I'd have done: go to the Master Layout Menu and then tap the footswitch to return to Layout 1.

We've tested the OFM9G15 extensively and never had a problem like this. Theoretically, it also seems impossible unless this was due to an unknown bug in the underlying FC implementation. Let us know if you find any way to reproduce it.

Last edited:
When the row of preset switches blinks, that means the unit is awaiting a preset selection.
There's no way to "escape" from that scenario except to select a new preset.

My first guess was that you hit the E knob with your foot. This landed you in the un-used layout 8.
To prevent this, you could add a switch on Layout 8 that loads Layout 1.
I don't think this was the case though, since the preset switches weren't empty for you.

You did what I'd have done: go to the Master Layout Menu and then tap the footswitch to return to Layout 1.

We've tested the OFM9G15 extensively and never had a problem like this. Theoretically, it also seems impossible unless this was due to an unknown bug in the underlying FC implementation. Let us know if you find any way to reproduce it.
So in this scenario, would the fix just have been to select the current preset that was flashing and then try again to bank down to the next set of presets with the sound I was wanting?

He’s saying the text on the switches didn’t change, though.

Brain fart. Sorry. I actually deleted the comment when I noticed haha.
Correct, I was changing banks according to the screen but yet the switches were still flashing with the presets in the higher bank.

You can disable the “two switch” function in Setup > FC on the hardware. It’s hard to say what actually happened from your description.

Ok so I just tried that patch and it's happening. Basically must have done something to the patch with the FC per preset and that patch (switch 1) is staying lit solid no matter which bank I go up or down to, so it's hiding the preset that normally would flash allowing it to change. With all other patches its fine, just that one. What could I have done in the per preset to have it to this? I turned off the per preset override and it's fine now. What would cause that patch to become static?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom