• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

HELP Factory presets will not load individually in Axe-Edit

Andy Stoddart

Hi there apologies for this I am new to Fractal but I am computer literate! (Mac OS X)

I have downloaded Fractal Bot.
I have downloaded Axe Edit.

Both connect perfectly and I can browse and edit all current presets - brilliant.

However I would like to load up some of the factory presets because the previous owner has over written about 300 and I am sure there are sounds in there that I would like to hear.

I have downloaded the factory presets onto my Mac and placed in my User folder in its own folder (_fractal)

Through manage presets tool I can point the directory look up to the folder, it sees them but will not bring them through after you save and close the manage presets window!

I went on to axe change and downloaded a few presets and randomly only one did manage to load.
Using the exact same method the other do not load in. It just keeps saying the preset is empty.

I HAVE READ MANUAL AND WATCHED INFO YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND FOLLOWED THE PROCEEDURE!

*Note the previous user had set up all of his presets (which I am going through to see which I like) on output 2.
My plan was to open each preset from factory and change to output 2 - long winded but again I am new to this.

What I am going to try is to change all of his presets to output 1 to see if that makes a difference. I have no idea why he had done this by the way.

So basically I wasn’t wondering if anyone can help with the IMPORTING presets issue I have?

Again apologies for the newbie questions - I am a little frustrated but It is an amazing product.

Thanks

Rex

Legend!
Through manage presets tool I can point the directory look up to the folder, it sees them but will not bring them through after you save and close the manage presets window!
1) What does "bring them through" mean?

2) Are you dragging the presets you want to save into user preset slots?

Andy Stoddart

Hi there thanks for the reply... 'bring them through' - apologies I meant i drag the preset into an empty space on the right list and then press save then close the manage preset window - the preset name appears when i drag it but after save and close it disappears? The blocks never view at any point in that process either.

I am dragging to an empty preset slots.

Thanks again for the speedy reply. I am sure its something simple i am doing wrong!

Rex

Legend!
Hi there thanks for the reply... 'bring them through' - apologies I meant i drag the preset into an empty space on the right list and then press save then close the manage preset window - the preset name appears when i drag it but after save and close it disappears? The blocks never view at any point in that process either.

I am dragging to an empty preset slots.

Thanks again for the speedy reply. I am sure its something simple i am doing wrong!
So you're in Manage presets, you put new factory presets in the browser window, and you drag one of those presets into a user slot. Correct?

Then you click Save. When you do that, does the dragged preset turn from red to green?

Then you quit Manage Presets, and then you navigate to the slot where you saved the preset, right? What do you find there? An empty slot? A pre-existing preset? Or something else?

Andy Stoddart

hi correct yes it goes red after dragging, press save it turns green, the close window and still empty preset. this has only worked on one preset i downloaded. but when i dragged it in the blocks appeared and it worked perfectly as I imagine it should do. i cannot replicate this happening which is the frustrating part! thanks again. btw more than happy to jump on a call if it helps. (unsure if you are allowed to do that! sorry for asking!)

Andy Stoddart

Do you mean when you navigate to the directory i have saved the presets to from factory download? If so i do because they all come in to the browser window on the left side of manage preset window... apologies for the complexity of this issue. This evening i can try and share either a video or images of the stages...

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Hi Andy,
Get a hold of fractool, which was created by our buddy @AlGrenadine. Using that, you can extract all the presets out to individual files so you can just drag them one at a time into axe edit.
To extract the presets, open fractool and drag one of the factory banks into (I think) the middle icon which looks like a disk or computer.
Then, a window will open, and there’s a menu on the top left of that window. It has the option to extract all the presets.
Once you’ve done that, open axe edit, grab your guitar, open up a preset you don’t really like in axe edit, and drag one of the preset files over into the preset name in axe edit. This will then replace the preset you had, with the one you dragged over. If you love it, press save, if not, drag another one over.
It sounds harder than it is. You’ll get the hang of it in a short while.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi there apologies for this I am new to Fractal but I am computer literate! (Mac OS X)

I have downloaded Fractal Bot.
I have downloaded Axe Edit.

Both connect perfectly and I can browse and edit all current presets - brilliant.

However I would like to load up some of the factory presets because the previous owner has over written about 300 and I am sure there are sounds in there that I would like to hear.

I have downloaded the factory presets onto my Mac and placed in my User folder in its own folder (_fractal)

I went on to axe change and downloaded a few presets and randomly only one did manage to load.
Using the exact same method the other do not load in. It just keeps saying the preset is empty.

I HAVE READ MANUAL AND WATCHED INFO YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND FOLLOWED THE PROCEEDURE!

*Note the previous user had set up all of his presets (which I am going through to see which I like) on output 2.
My plan was to open each preset from factory and change to output 2 - long winded but again I am new to this.

What I am going to try is to change all of his presets to output 1 to see if that makes a difference. I have no idea why he had done this by the way.

So basically I wasn’t wondering if anyone can help with the IMPORTING presets issue I have?

Again apologies for the newbie questions - I am a little frustrated but It is an amazing product.

Thanks

Rex

Legend!
Do you mean when you navigate to the directory i have saved the presets to from factory download? If so i do because they all come in to the browser window on the left side of manage preset window... apologies for the complexity of this issue. This evening i can try and share either a video or images of the stages...
No. I mean when you’re done, and you close out of Manage Presets. Do you then navigate to the location where you Saved the preset, or do you just hope it’ll show up at whatever preset slot you’re on? :)

Andy Stoddart

yes i check the preset eg. 401... it shows as empty. The one that actually worked as it should have i could see the blocks in place as soon as i preview the preset... the ones that done work they dont view at all. Very odd

Rex

Legend!
yes i check the preset eg. 401... it shows as empty. The one that actually worked as it should have i could see the blocks in place as soon as i preview the preset... the ones that done work they dont view at all. Very odd
Try saving a different preset to the location that worked.

yek

There is no "preset 401". It only contains what you put there.

If a loaded preset shows up empty, it usually indicates that you're running firmware that's older than what was used to create the preset.

Andy Stoddart

getting really frustrated now - this just doesnt work! I have also tried fractool but again the demo video is for FX2 and to be honest I cant even get that to do anything either - tbh i just need axe edit to work. I dont want work arounds after spending this amount of money!

Rex

Legend!
If a loaded preset shows up empty, it usually indicates that you're running firmware that's older than what was used to create the preset.
This. If you want the latest factory presets to show up, you have to be running the latest firmware.

Andy Stoddart

ok yek i will attempt to update ffirmware... thanks

I HAVE AN APOLOGY TO M AKE FOR MY RANT - yek updating firmware worked so far!! Blimey i feel stupid. Thanks so much for your help and again sorry for rant!!!

Top Bottom