Help, Editor crashing after many years of bliss w/ my Ultra.

Guys, for some reason Editor was working fine, even today until an hr ago. It doesn't open up, just an instant
"crash box" opens.

I made no changes to my laptop w/ Vista / Windows. I've re-started my puter, Ultra and unplugged things - to no avail.

Thoughts? Idea's?
thank you!

I went through this as well for a period of time. Would crash everytime I was choosing between saved block settings using the right click method. If I chose drive, then went to delay, but meant drive, it would crash.....let's just say I got very accurate editing things the first time. lol....

Since then, I only get crashes if I'm doing lots of reordering of presets in the library.

Guys, for some reason Editor was working fine, even today until an hr ago. It doesn't open up, just an instant
"crash box" opens.

I made no changes to my laptop w/ Vista / Windows. I've re-started my puter, Ultra and unplugged things - to no avail.

Thoughts? Idea's?
thank you!

I had a similar issue a couple of times over the years, first on my Wondwos XP PC, then my Windows 7 machine. Both were sorted by uninstalling the editor, then re-installing. (Can't remember if I re-booted in between or not).

Thanks guys....so all the data/info Axe Edit uses (my presets, banks, etc.) are stored on my computer?
I wow'nt loose anything by uninstalling then reinstalling??

Thanks guys....so all the data/info Axe Edit uses (my presets, banks, etc.) are stored on my computer?
I wow'nt loose anything by uninstalling then reinstalling??

Shouldn't do, but if If you are worried about accidentally deleting your presets etc, just find out what directory they are stored in and copy them to another directory. I recommend that you back them up anyway in case you PC dies. (I back up to a portable hard drive).

I seem to remember that when you install the editor it asks what directory location you want to use as the "Workspace". You can go with the default location chosen by the program, or select your own directory location (which is what I generally do).

Back
Top Bottom