Help: Deftones "Digital Bath" droplet sound on guitar?

RedDeadDawn

Hey all!

Have a gig tonight with my Deftones tribute band. One thing I've wanted to be able to do is add a synth effect I can toggle in during the middle break to get that droplet sound in there. Any ideas/suggestions?

Using AX8, ofc.

Thanks in advance ☺️

Lightly lay your right finger over the 12th or 14th fret
and pull off with your left hand at 5th 7th and open
you will find all kind of staccato muted notes that would work without a synth

Hey all!

Have a gig tonight with my Deftones tribute band. One thing I've wanted to be able to do is add a synth effect I can toggle in during the middle break to get that droplet sound in there. Any ideas/suggestions?

Using AX8, ofc.

Thanks in advance ☺️

I just went through this exact thing on FM9 after getting some good advice from iaresee here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anyone-tried-making-a-seek-wah.180048/

Basically amounted to a Wah with the sweep controlled by the sequencer set to all random values till it gave the kind of effect I was after, I did have to route the wah into another row followed by a mixer, outputting back into the main row in order to control the blend of the effect better. You could add reverb and trem/phase too to get more atmospheric effect.

I got a pretty decent approximation for the same part of Digital Bath as you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom