Help customizing OMG9

I was able to install OMG9 easily enough. I recently downgraded from Axe3 + FC12 to OMG9. I kinda regret that at times, but that’s not the point…lol.

I was comfy with editing my FC stuff to my liking, but with this I’m confused:
I want to keep OMG9 mostly as-is and just add to it, more specifically I’m trying to add push-and-hold on the bottom far left and right buttons to bump to the previous preset, and to the next preset respectively.

When I go into fm3 edit it’s not what I expected and doesn’t seem as simple as it was with Axe + FC12. If I start trying to edit OMG9 it’s like all the buttons start mirroring the fm3, and I don’t know what’s going on.

I know it won’t hurt to try and I can undo any mistake I may make but I feel like I’m missing something here. Can anyone help?

Nobody can demystify this for me? I was fine with editing fm9 and axe 3 +fc12, but with this fm3 + fc6 I’m stumped as to how I can edit OMG9. Things get super weird and the fm3 settings mirror across my fm3 the two sets of 3 switches on the fc6 when I try editing OMG9. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Ok. I’m embarrassed. I don’t know wtf I was doing before, but several tries ended in the above description. Now ive taken another whack at it and it’s like I just knew what I was doing and things worked the way I expected. Thanks, I guess. Lmao.

There is still an issue though, and this may be one for devs at FAS. When I edit FC6 (again—using OMG9 as a starting point, rearranging effects to my liking etc), I end up stuck with weirdness on my FM3 switches. I need to turn the unit off and on, and I have the desired outcome, and OMG9 loads back in the way it should be with my changes, but it’s definitely not a seamless experience to edit and then go back to playing.

like I said, please let me know if I’m doing something wrong and I’m the clown here! =)

Last edited:
Ok. I’m embarrassed. I don’t know wtf I was doing before, but several tries ended in the above description. Now ive taken another whack at it and it’s like I just knew what I was doing and things worked the way I expected. Thanks, I guess. Lmao.

There is still an issue though, and this may be one for devs at FAS. When I edit FC6 (again—using OMG9 as a starting point, rearranging effects to my liking etc), I end up stuck with weirdness on my FM3 switches. I need to turn the unit off and on, and I have the desired outcome, and OMG9 loads back in the way it should be with my changes, but it’s definitely not a seamless experience to edit and then go back to playing.

like I said, please let me know if I’m doing something wrong and I’m the clown here! =)
there are buttons under the Layout name in Edit which tell the FM3 or FCs to change to the layout you're editing. turn off the FM3 button (it will be yellow if turned on) if you don't want this to happen.

otherwise you can easily change the FM3 to the correct Layout by spinning the E knob.

Back
Top Bottom