• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

HELP --- cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses --- HELP!!!

nznat

Inspired
NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot
Hi nznat,

well, the product site say it?!:
Offered in 5 digital resolutions, exclusive in .wav-Format with 2 different sample-length each - for maximum platform compatibility:

Offered IR-Formats
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 96 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 96kHz-24bit | wav
Usually IRs have to be converted into a specific proprietary format suitable for the used hardware modeling device. In most cases the producers of the modeling devices usually provide the proper conversion tools. For further informations, please have a look HERE.

Did you read the http://www.cabir.eu/_docs/cabIR.eu_pro-ir-series_IR-formats_READ-ME-FIRST-BEFORE-DOWNLOAD_en.pdf ?

For the Axe-Fx II:
- Take the 48kHz / 24bit ZIP file, unpack it (170ms is prepared for Ultra-Res)
- In Cab-Lab lite, you can convert: 1) Choose the tool WAV2SYX. 2) Select Ultra-Res (i recommend minimal phase and auto-trim to leave unchecked!) 3) Choose the "root" folder / main folder of the Cab-Pack. 4) Click "CONVERT". DONE.

Hope this helps :) Thanks for supporting the Pack! Hoepfully, you like it, as we do :)

stm113

Power User
Check out the Axe-o-matic, it's free if you can find it. I use it as I have yet to do the cab lab thing. The downside sides are 1)not ultra res, though axe-o-matic which i am good with, and 2)you can't hear your mixes in real time (that I know of).

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Morphosis, so the wave files are already MPT? Interesting, I thought all the waves were NOT minimum phase transformed. Would you please clarify if you don't mind? Thanks.

The cabIR.eu Cab-Packs includes single-mics in RAW and MPT (minimal phase transform). Also real-phase mixes and MPT mixes. The "pro IR series" tags the IRs with an "M" for MPT or "R" for RAW (real-phase). So, to keep this, please just untick (default) the MPT step from Cab-Lab when converting them (WAV2SYX), to leave the files as intended!

Top Bottom