HELP --- cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses --- HELP!!!

nznat

Experienced
NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot

NOOB ALERT!!!

Ok i purchased the : cabIR.eu_OR-4x12_Speaker_Cab_Impulse-Responses, yet i'm not sure what i'm missing, as none of the manuals have the info i need to convert or use the cabs. I don't know how to make / convert them into IR files to use with the Axe FX 2 XL+ unit. lol All the files are WAV files. Can someone enlighten me on how to set these up for usage

thanks a lot
Hi nznat,

well, the product site say it?!:
Offered in 5 digital resolutions, exclusive in .wav-Format with 2 different sample-length each - for maximum platform compatibility:

Offered IR-Formats
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 44.1 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 44.1kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-16 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-16bit | wav
500 ms | 48 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 48kHz-24bit | wav
500 ms | 96 kHz-24 bit | wav 170 ms | 96kHz-24bit | wav
Usually IRs have to be converted into a specific proprietary format suitable for the used hardware modeling device. In most cases the producers of the modeling devices usually provide the proper conversion tools. For further informations, please have a look HERE.

Did you read the http://www.cabir.eu/_docs/cabIR.eu_pro-ir-series_IR-formats_READ-ME-FIRST-BEFORE-DOWNLOAD_en.pdf ?

For the Axe-Fx II:
- Take the 48kHz / 24bit ZIP file, unpack it (170ms is prepared for Ultra-Res)
- In Cab-Lab lite, you can convert: 1) Choose the tool WAV2SYX. 2) Select Ultra-Res (i recommend minimal phase and auto-trim to leave unchecked!) 3) Choose the "root" folder / main folder of the Cab-Pack. 4) Click "CONVERT". DONE.

Hope this helps :) Thanks for supporting the Pack! Hoepfully, you like it, as we do :)

Check out the Axe-o-matic, it's free if you can find it. I use it as I have yet to do the cab lab thing. The downside sides are 1)not ultra res, though axe-o-matic which i am good with, and 2)you can't hear your mixes in real time (that I know of).

Morphosis, so the wave files are already MPT? Interesting, I thought all the waves were NOT minimum phase transformed. Would you please clarify if you don't mind? Thanks.

The cabIR.eu Cab-Packs includes single-mics in RAW and MPT (minimal phase transform). Also real-phase mixes and MPT mixes. The "pro IR series" tags the IRs with an "M" for MPT or "R" for RAW (real-phase). So, to keep this, please just untick (default) the MPT step from Cab-Lab when converting them (WAV2SYX), to leave the files as intended!

Back
Top Bottom