Help - Axe FXII - my midi keyboard and sharing my monitors? Audio interface?

JohnRaptor

Inspired
Hi everyone, I could use a little connection help here.

I have my studio monitors going into my AxeFXII and my Axe acting as an audio interface and going into my computer via USB.

My Axe sounds great through my monitors but I also do alot of sequencing with my midi keyboard and vst instruments and I would like to be able to hear my midi through my monitors as well but I'd rather not use my AXE as an audio interface because I'd like to only use my Axe when I am recording and playing guitar. I dont want my axe to be on for hours at a time unless its for guitar related work. I'd like a dedicated interface for that function.

So that brings me to this point, I assume I need an audio interface of some type right? I am using a Imac. ANy recommendations on what I should look for? Can I still run my Axe into my computer for usb recording capabilities without it requiring to be an audio interface if I have a separate interface? I assume since I use Axe edit I still need the usb hooked directly into my computer right?

I'm trying to get everything to play nice and work together and I really appreciate any help. :) Thanks so much!

Your choices with an iMac:
1. Use internal speakers
2. Connect external monitors using headphone out jack
3. (preferred) Attach an external audio interface.

You can have, for example, an audio interface attached via USB and have the AxeFx II connected via USB at the same time with no problem.

Cool, thanks. So if I have a separate audio interface, I would run my monitors into that and select the interface in my DAW and then my Axe FXII will be able to use the monitors as well as my midi?

Any recommendations on a good interface?

"good" depends on how much you have to spend. i could suggest the best interface for 500, or the best for 800, or 1500+.

how many in/out do you require, etc. need a bit more detail to go on =o)

Thanks. Well my setup is strictly for recording into my Imac. I have my Axe FXII, my midi keyboard, my Mackie monitors and I am also hooking up my roland vdrums to it as well so I will need midi inputs as well. Thats basically all I will be hooking up.

Thanks!

I had another question if you dont mind. If I have an audio interface, should I be running the AxFx into it directly. Is there any advantage to running the Ax into the interface or is it best to just have it hooked up through USB?

Back
Top Bottom