Help! AXE FX II XL and MFC-101Mk III are no longer communicating

Harry M

I was having a problem with a buzzing sound while using any of the "Drive " blocks, I opened the AXE FX II XL cover to check the ground wire and connectors, everything appeared to be good. While I had it open, I checked to see what type on battery I may need for the CMOS, I popped it out to look at it and reinstalled it ( it is a 2032). I closed the unit back up and re connected the MFC-101 via the faslink cable to find that the MFC-101 powers up but doesn't communicate with the AXE FX II XL now.

I did a "reset system parameters", tried reinstalling the ARES 2 Firmware in the AXE FX II XL, the MFC 101 Mk III powers up but the display only shows 000, then displays "AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT!". i tried running a setup on the MFC-101 Mk III per Fractals instructions. Went into the edit screen, setup, selected Axe-Fx Mode XL, back to setup, to MIDI, selected "Use Port FASLINK", CLICKED BACK ON "Edit" (exit/save) but the MFC-101Mk III display goes right back to "000" and then to AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT".

I Tried reinstalling/updating the MFC-101 firmware, following Fractals instructions and using the fractal bot, but the Axe FX and the MFC-101 are not communicating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom