HELP Axe FX freaked out on stage last night

Keith White

Experienced
My axe fx is 3 years old and ive never had an issue but last night whew Here is what happened Someone please let me know if you have encountered this.
Right before the first set I was leveling the volume a preset with the front panel. I have had this particular preset in the same slot for over a year so its not the preset. I pressed the layout button, scrolled to the mixer section all the way to the right, clicked edit and bam the screen freaked out scrolling through lord knows what at like 10 frames per second so fast I couldn't quite tell what it was. The entire screen. So I pressed exit and a couple of other buttons but it kept doing what it was doing. I tried to change presets with the MFC but that didnt work. This whole time though the current preset stayed on and was playable. I turned off the axe and unplugged the MFC from the back of the axe thinking maybe a bad network cable and rebooted it It continued what it was doing as soon as it booted. Then I pressed a few of the random buttons on the axe and I cant remember which one, possibly layout, it stopped and worked fine for the rest of the night. ANY IDEAS?

If you press and hold EDIT does the fast page scrolling on the display look like the same as you were getting?

Might be a sticky EDIT button or perhaps it might be an idea to open up the casing and check all connectors are well seated on the main board.

OK so that is why it continued scrolling quickly upon reboot because it was stuck? I will check it out tonight.
Thank you!!! What is the best solution for me to prevent this? Is there any kind of electronic spray, etc that will prevent it from sticking again?

OK so that is why it continued scrolling quickly upon reboot because it was stuck? I will check it out tonight.
Thank you!!! What is the best solution for me to prevent this? Is there any kind of electronic spray, etc that will prevent it from sticking again?

Press and hold the Up button and watch what happens. Sometimes the buttons get stuck if they are pushed to the side. Just push the button until it's not stuck.

Back
Top Bottom