HELP! - Axe Edit problem - Wont save preset banks A,B,C

JohnRaptor

Inspired
I installed the latest Mac driver and latest Axe Edit. I just received my AxeFXII yesterday.

I think I am having a problem with the preset banks. Each time I run Axe Edit I have to choose 'SYNC BANKS FROM HARDWARE' to get all my presets to load and be active so I can choose them. Are you supposed to have to reload them everytime you run Axe Edit? Cant you save the preset banks so they are already loaded everytime you open Axe Edit?

Also next to the up and down arrows on Axe Edit I see a little box with 01,02,03 on it. I assumed this means preset banks A,B,C? The little arrow is next to 02 but it wont go to 01 or 03. Not sure thats a big deal or not?

Thanks for any help.

John,
did you read the AxeEdit (AE) user guide ?
Have you visited the wiki to read it... there's a ton of useful info there...

Ok. No you are not having a problem with the preset banks... that is normal. They are greyed out if not "sync'ed" with AE. As long as you have the source set to Axe, you can click on any one of the presets and it will bring it into the edit buffer and it will turn green on the list. If you want them all green every time - which means that the Axe-II and AE copies are in sync - then you will need to do a backup/sync EVERY time you start AE. Why? Because, presets can be modified on BOTH the front panel AND in AE.. so AE assumes that it's local copy is not "current" (since it doesn't know) and greys them out on the list.
Yes, the 1,2,3 lets you pick from presets in Banks A-C.. When not sync'ed they will be greyed out.. green icon when sync'ed to Axe.

John,
did you read the AxeEdit (AE) user guide ?
Have you visited the wiki to read it... there's a ton of useful info there...

Ok. No you are not having a problem with the preset banks... that is normal. They are greyed out if not "sync'ed" with AE. As long as you have the source set to Axe, you can click on any one of the presets and it will bring it into the edit buffer and it will turn green on the list. If you want them all green every time - which means that the Axe-II and AE copies are in sync - then you will need to do a backup/sync EVERY time you start AE. Why? Because, presets can be modified on BOTH the front panel AND in AE.. so AE assumes that it's local copy is not "current" (since it doesn't know) and greys them out on the list.
Yes, the 1,2,3 lets you pick from presets in Banks A-C.. When not sync'ed they will be greyed out.. green icon when sync'ed to Axe.

Thanks, Yes Im reading the Axe Edit manual now. Thanks for explaining things. There is so much to learn but I think I'm getting there. I appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom