Help - Axe Edit and Axe FX II seem frozen

jesussaddle

Power User
I got a time out during a axe-manage operation. I opted to cancel. But the job didn't cancel. Instead my Axe FX II has been turning on and off various lights. Then finally it has stayed on the same two reds, a green and a yellow. Axe Edit still says "Please wait, communicating."

So far I've waited about 30 minutes. I don't want to turn anything off. Unless I have to.

[EDIT: After an hour, despite all the red lights on my unit, I turned it off. It appears normal, although I haven't actually listened since its very late. Does the manual advise against attempting to move more than a few presents, or what is the maximum?]

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a fairly straightforward 'freeze'.

Once it locks up at the AxeFX end I've found there's nothing will cure it at that point except restarting it.

If it happened during an Axe-Edit session then it's possible it could be the USB driver crapping out (or USB issue within your computer system) so you might even have to restart your computer too .... although with me that's rare, usually restarting AxeFX and closing/opening Axe-Edit gets things back.

Back
Top Bottom