Help - Atomic Reactor 50 Sounds Bassy and Not Clear

Of course yes.
I'm lost ! Can't think of anything else to do. Ran my AX8 through a Atomic Reactor , cant get good sounding patch's and always this weird surge noise. Same thing through PA. Same thing ran through regular guitar amp. I don't know !

I'm lost ! Can't think of anything else to do. Ran my AX8 through a Atomic Reactor , cant get good sounding patch's and always this weird surge noise. Same thing through PA. Same thing ran through regular guitar amp. I don't know !
is there any way to get us an audio or video recording of what this sounds like? we are just guessing after all this time.

any modern cell phone can shoot video, and then that video can be uploaded to my dropbox or something so we can help solve this. let me know if you can make that video, then i'll help you get it here on the forum once it's made.

Please watch video all the way to the end. Sound gets worse at end. Thanks!!

Attachments

• VID_20181002_132722891.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 5
T

I think we got it on YouTube

Is there a computer on nearby? I wouldn’t call that “power surge” noise. That makes me think there’s a momentary surge.

That sounds like regular electrical noise.

Can someone else chime in on what that sounds like?

I have the same issue when playing with my laptop on and too close to my guitar. Solutions I have used to mitigate interference:

1. Turn off computer
2. Step away from the computer
3. Noise gate
4. Guitar with humbuckers

Good luck!

What everyone else said. That "surge noise" is electromagnetic interference being picked up by your guitar. The compressor (or some other source of gain) is turning it up as your guitar note decays.

T

Is there a computer on nearby? I wouldn’t call that “power surge” noise. That makes me think there’s a momentary surge.

That sounds like regular electrical noise.

Can someone else chime in on what that sounds like?
No computer on around the AX8 at the time of video.

I have the same issue when playing with my laptop on and too close to my guitar. Solutions I have used to mitigate interference:

1. Turn off computer
2. Step away from the computer
3. Noise gate
4. Guitar with humbuckers

Good luck!
All my guitars are humbucker types. Computer was off during video. Don't know much about Noise Gates.

Does the noise go away when you unplug your guitar? If it does, then the guitar is the source of the noise.

Back
Top Bottom