Help - Atomic Reactor 50 Sounds Bassy and Not Clear

I have it about half way. I was told not to turn it all the way up from the guy I bought it from.
why ????

Make sure that tweeter/horn is working in the reactor, play either guitar or send through some mp3's (whatever) and rock that tweeter control back and forth. You better be hearing some pretty big differences. If not that tweeter is not functioning.

I bring this up because I had two of these years ago (new btw), they are bass heavy like everyone is saying.
But I also discovered the the tweeters were not functioning in both. It was just a simple wiring issue I called Atomic, I was looking for a few parts but they insisted on sending me new ones (cabs) which they did. I still cut bass with the new cabs but at least they didn't sound like they were in the next room with a blanket over them any more.

why ????

Make sure that tweeter/horn is working in the reactor, play either guitar or send through some mp3's (whatever) and rock that tweeter control back and forth. You better be hearing some pretty big differences. If not that tweeter is not functioning.

I bring this up because I had two of these years ago (new btw), they are bass heavy like everyone is saying.
But I also discovered the the tweeters were not functioning in both. It was just a simple wiring issue I called Atomic, I was looking for a few parts but they insisted on sending me new ones (cabs) which they did. I still cut bass with the new cabs but at least they didn't sound like they were in the next room with a blanket over them any more.
I've checked the tweeter control and it is working. I have it sounding better today. But still not even close to the quality I know it has. The AX8 that is. On certain settings, its also making some weird noise as I quit playing. Like a weird electrical serge sound.

sorry, but the minimum audibility curves, aka FM, aren’t really at play here and it’s just a case of people repeating stuff they read on the internet but don’t really understand.

Take a look at the curves, between 100 and 5000 Hz, typical range of guitar, the curves are pretty darn flat by a modest bedroom level of 50dB.

Being both a musician and an audiologist, I was very interested in human auditory perception with regards to musical applications and did a good bit of research and controlled test while getting my doctorate.

“FM” is a real thing, but without understanding the specific frequency response and how it applies to given applications, folks can do more harm than good with it.

So thats why my presets always sound not the same if I build them at bedroom volume and then gig them!!

That's how I used to run mine, but you can turn it up if needed. Could you post a link to the YouTube video you're referring to? If you already did, I apologize. I'm reading forum on my phone and it sometimes doesn't show embedded links.

why ????

Does it matter if you take XLRs from the AX8 or use Humbuster 1\4 inch cables ?

why ????

And What type of 1\4 inch guitar cable should I use ? Mogomi ? Does it matter ?

You can use XLR or 1/4” and it should sound the same. You don’t need to use the most expensive cables that exist.

You can use XLR or 1/4” and it should sound the same. You don’t need to use the most expensive cables that exist.
I keep getting some surge sounds when on any low or high gain setting. The maual say to use Humbuster TRS\TR cables from AX8 to Power Amp or Monitor or Amp.

I had something similar happen (minus the Atomic gear). Fractal support figured it out. Try this:

In Ax8-Edit, go to your patch. Open the Cab block.. Check the High Cut setting. Mine was turned all the way down. Turn it back up in that case (I used 8,000). My problem was fixed and has stayed fix. I hope this works.

I had something similar happen (minus the Atomic gear). Fractal support figured it out. Try this:

In Ax8-Edit, go to your patch. Open the Cab block.. Check the High Cut setting. Mine was turned all the way down. Turn it back up in that case (I used 8,000). My problem was fixed and has stayed fix. I hope this works.
I will try that . Thank you ! Do I have to change every setting thats doing it or is it a one shot deal ?

Which guitar and style do you play?
I am asking that because for some guitars and my powered FRFF speaker I have the same issue you are facing with the factory presets. Some other guitars are less sensitive. The cause is my speaker. BUT with some tweak on the presets I can completely fix that. Depending on your guitars and style I can send you some of my bright/open presets to check if there is a substantial change.

I am asking that because for some guitars and my powered FRFF speaker I have the same issue you are facing with the factory presets. Some other guitars are less sensitive. The cause is my speaker. BUT with somea tweak on the presets I can completely fix that. Depending on your guitars and style I can send you some of my bright/open presets to check if there is a substantial change.
I am playing three different guitars. Active Charvel Jackson, Gibson Axcess and zemaitis. both are passive. A liitle bit of everything. But mainly Southern Rock and 80's Rock.

I tried the High Cut Settings and they were set right. Can't figure this one out. I made my own tones and its OK. But when I go to Factory set tones it has this serge sounds.

I am asking that because for some guitars and my powered FRFF speaker I have the same issue you are facing with the factory presets. Some other guitars are less sensitive. The cause is my speaker. BUT with some tweak on the presets I can completely fix that. Depending on your guitars and style I can send you some of my bright/open presets to check if there is a substantial change.
Please send them ! Highly appreciated ! Thank you !

I tried the High Cut Settings and they were set right. Can't figure this one out. I made my own tones and its OK. But when I go to Factory set tones it has this serge sounds.
ideally you will make your own Presets. Factory Presets are just starting points, and they won't always work with all setups.

so it sounds like you may just want to stick with your own presets. use the factory for effect and routing ideas.

ideally you will make your own Presets. Factory Presets are just starting points, and they won't always work with all setups.

so it sounds like you may just want to stick with your own presets. use the factory for effect and routing ideas.
Now I notice even on my own patches its doing it. Could it be the cables ? Maybe I should use the humbuster cables intead of an XLR from the unit to the powered Atomic cabnet ?

Back
Top Bottom