HELP!!! AFX Won't Start Up...Now working, but still concerned.

While writing this it finally did a full startup, but I'll go ahead and post just in case my issue shows an underlying problem. Will wait to hear back before updating to 5.07. The full startup happened after the cycling through on/off/wait a couple minutes a couple dozen times:

Any help would be appreciated. I'm on 5.04b. Went to turn on my AFX tonight and found that it won't start up. All the lights turn on and the screen lights up, but it doesn't get any farther than that. After letting it sit for a few minutes then trying again, the bypass button is no longer lit when I turn it on and the screen now gets dots of grey like at normal start up, but holds there. I'm finding that pretty much every time I leave it for a few minutes it has a small change of the start up. Here's the list of changes so far.

- Locked up with screen blank lit and all lights but tempo lit.
-Blank screen lit all lights but tempo and bypass lit
-All but bypass lit, moves on to the grey dots from a normal startup and locks there.
-goes to Axe-FX II screen and locks there. Contrast quite low. All lights still lit.
-Goes to Axe-FX II screen then moves straight to the Amp edit screen. Contrast quite low. All lights still lit.

These all happened in different orders every time I left it for a couple minutes then tried it again. There might have been another variation or 2, but you get the picture.

Thanks heaps.

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the recall button? I tried that pretty much first up and it did nothing. Like I said, it's working just fine now so I don't have any way of testing it anymore. Really just want to make sure something else isn't going on. Would hate that to happen at a gig.

Thanks again.

I also heard some users have somewhat similar issues and re-seated the cables inside and it worked fine after that. I'd contact support tho too.

I also heard some users have somewhat similar issues and re-seated the cables inside and it worked fine after that. I'd contact support tho too.

I heard the same thing. Although rare, some folks have had cables come off a bit during shipping.

Yeah, I was one of those who had a loose cable. In my case it was just a matter of tightening the crimp connectors on the power switch. All has been fine since doing that. I hope, whatever it is, that it is an easy fix for you.

Thanks for all the replies. Luckily mine has fixed itself. I've also now upgraded to 5.07. Hopefully Cliff or someone else from FA will chime in and confirm wether this is a cable issue or not. If it is, it'd be good to get it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom