Help a newb program a Dual Switch

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
Fractal user for a few years, but mainly surface level. Not experienced on deep dives at all

Followed the manual, but it seems I can only use this switch to turn on and off effects. Looking to use it to switch presets up and down. Anybody have a quick link or tip here?

First you need to go to Setup, IO, Pedal. Then you setup the switches based on their polarity. It sounds like you already have this as you have them controlling FX.

8E2DA7B3-7EF0-49B3-A843-9E3941821C24.jpeg

Next go to settings, FC/Onboard switches, and page along to stand in switches. Here you basically point the switches to an existing layout - they then trigger that layout function whether the FM3 is in that layout or not. I chose the Perform layout because it’s a layout I will never use and so am happy to edit the functions in there without breaking other layouts. So I selected Layout7 and switches 1,2,3,4.

4FA714D6-3FC2-449A-9A61-DBA97F21305C.jpeg

Next, still in FC/Onboard, scroll to layouts, scroll to layout 7 (if you chose that) and hit enter to go into that layouts settings. Set tap on 1,2,3,4 to the function you want - mine controls scene 1-4, then page over to hold and set that to what you want the hold functions to be, mine set the onboard switches preset switching or per preset switching depending on what I hold, or inc/dec a preset.

122D4E57-6C5E-45DF-8831-465FB0B8D9C0.jpeg

F1F3DFA1-32E5-41E3-A105-19E4C1A623AA.jpeg

Photos of how I set each screen attached.

In the FC Controllers menu, choose the switch that you have assigned to your stand-in switch and set the function as shown below. I have one switch set for decrement (-1) and another set for increment (+1). You can limit the range by setting the lower and upper limit.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 6.49.36 AM.png

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to @zerolight and others in this thread for all the posts above. I just got my FM3 and could not get my SIS to work. After a quick search of the forum, I saw from the photos above that I needed to change my Pedal 2 setup from the expression pedal to two switches, and also change polarity from normally closed to normally open. Now it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom