Help! 2nd Row of switches broke last night at show

Japster

Inspired
Hi,

I have a MFC Mark 1 and when setting up for my show none of my 2nd row of switches would respond. They are lighting up and the switches seem to be clicking as normal but no actions.

Removed the base to check for ribbon cable loose but seemed ok, swapped row 3 into row 2 socket on main board and they functioned as row 2 for the gig which got me through just using scene changes. Problem is I use zero bank size and needed to change sets which was impossible with row 2 out.

I'm thinking the main board is ok since when I swapped row 3 to row 2 socket it worked ok

Any ideas?

If you haven't already then raise a support ticket with FAS for some advice. You may need to have a chat with G66 too since you are the UK.

Cheers,

It's way out of warranty anyway. I stripped it down again at home, removed and inspected the Row 2 Board, reseated everything and it seems ok now. Wierd

Same thing happened to me last night at gig, tried to use bank up and wouldn't go up, LCD would display delay 1 but delay wasn't actually toggling on/off. Further investigation showed entire 2nd row no responsive although all LEDs lit appropriately. Swapped out CAT5 cable, cycled unit on/off several times without any change. Luckily scenes still worked so I manually switched presets between songs with the jog wheel on the AxeFx and was able to cover most needs via scenes. Hopefully just a loose connection - time to go open the MFC and see what I can find. Will post update later.

OK - took the MFC apart, ribbon cables seemed tight, plugged/unplugged and still no second row. Noticed that no matter which switch I pushed it displayed "delay 1" - which was programed to switch in that row. Cycled that particular switch several times and then it seemed to resume normal function on all switches in the row. So I suspect something made my "delay 1" switch somehow was the cause - but can't really explain how or why. But MFC now back to normal.

OK - took the MFC apart, ribbon cables seemed tight, plugged/unplugged and still no second row. Noticed that no matter which switch I pushed it displayed "delay 1" - which was programed to switch in that row. Cycled that particular switch several times and then it seemed to resume normal function on all switches in the row. So I suspect something made my "delay 1" switch somehow was the cause - but can't really explain how or why. But MFC now back to normal.
Which MFC do you have?

Back
Top Bottom