Wish Hellwin Amp

I think I saw in another thread that Syn’s own high gain preset was built around the 5153 Red, although I’m not sure of the specific changes made to make it closer to the Hellwin specifically. It’s at least a starting point!

For Fractal, he apparently used the Friedman HBE for the lead 1 channel and the 5150 Red for the lead 2 channel, but with heavy tone matching because the Hellwin is so unique.

Further research says the base for the amp was a Kustom Double Cross with a lot of tweaking to it.

For Fractal, he apparently used the Friedman HBE for the lead 1 channel and the 5150 Red for the lead 2 channel, but with heavy tone matching because the Hellwin is so unique.

Further research says the base for the amp was a Kustom Double Cross with a lot of tweaking to it.
Never heard of the amp and just looked it up. Designed by James Brown… go figure.

Here is a schematic just to prove how much I want this one lol

Attachments

• SYN100-H_CleanLeadSupply_RevB_09Jun2013fc LWJ.PDF
    573 KB · Views: 24
  • SYN100-H_Lead2-Master_RevA_16APR2013fc.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 17
  • SYN100H-PowerAmp_RevB_09Jun2013fc LWJ.PDF
    446.3 KB · Views: 13
I second this wish, it was a unique sounding amp on the stage. Still playing around with the gift of tone plugin. Sounds like it should be a dual amp preset though

Anyone done any tone matches or custom presets?

I second this wish, it was a unique sounding amp on the stage. Still playing around with the gift of tone plugin. Sounds like it should be a dual amp preset though

Anyone done any tone matches or custom presets?
His preset is pretty close on the 5153 red US
I would just make a dual preset with
HBE on channel 1to simulate his UK channel

Back
Top Bottom