Heavy Song is Heavy (Instrumental Nonsense)

Sounds awesome! Only comment I have, which I have no room to be making, because my mixes suck hairy bawlls, is that snare sound. it's so flat sounding compared to everything else in the mix, no crack to the top end. But holy hell man, the rest of the kit, and the guits and bass all sound fantastic!

Great guitar work on this. I'm assuming the drums are programmed. You just have to find a drummer with great timing and excellent footwork if you take it live. Regarding the snare, I have heard this same style of snare on other djent style tunes so it is most likely fitting even though it appears to be missing some of the higher end frequencies from the snare that give the snare some air.

Imagine if all our computers shit the bed and we had to record to tape again... There probably wouldn't be so much music like this because the drummer would have to do 1000 takes to get it right hahahaha!!!

@shaunb Thanks dude!

@MSS Appreciate the support man!

@Pwrmac7600 Thanks for the kind words and the feedback - Looking back the drums are a bit loud to me haha, but I've been going through a phase of hearing more of a "snare top" kind of sound, less air and more room sound. Tastes will change i'm sure :)

@monkeymanx

Thanks for listening and for that detailed feedback haha :)
I might get a real drummer on the record but I also want his interpretation of the songs instead of mimicking my programming, so I agree that real drums are always the winner.

The snare tone is something I wanted specifically but tastes will change I'm sure. Maybe by next record I'll want the exact opposite sound :D

Back
Top Bottom