HEAVY METAL!

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I just made this and I like to see how my patches translate and to see if it pleases anyone's ears. No effects, just dry like I like my heavy chunk rhythm to sound. Thanks

Attachments

• ENGL Q3.02 4-20-16.syx
    27.6 KB · Views: 115
I just made this and I like to see how my patches translate and to see if it pleases anyone's ears. No effects, just dry like I like my heavy chunk rhythm to sound. Thanks
Anyone? Help a guy out? Good? Bad? Ugly? Just looking for opinions, thanks

I'll check it out here in a bit, wanted to yesterday but just never got the time to mess with the Axe, wife is pregnant and you know how that goes!

Sounds good...usually, like 99.5% of the time user patches never work for me, this one certianly does. i was just making some high gain patches myself earlier, and stumbled across your post, so i figured I'd give it a shot. It's actually very similar to a few of the patches i made earlier. I even switched your cabs to the two ENGL cabs I like & was using in the patches I created earlier & it sounded very good there as well :)
If you do a little, (but not too much/you dont have to really use much more than the basic amp tone controls & gain - all the stuff on the first amp page) I bet you can dial in some pretty heavy tones with the Bogner Uber & the Splawn Nitro (one of my favs). they both will preobably be a bit bass heavy & need some high end for note definition & then gain to your liking. but seeing how your cab combo is sonically in the same neighborhood, I'm thinking you could have those amps sounding bad ass in no time!

-Bry

Finally had a chance to try it last night and it sounds pretty good! A little thicker and bassier than I tend to make my patches but good nonetheless. I will definitely find a use for it, thanks Redd!

Finally had a chance to try it last night and it sounds pretty good! A little thicker and bassier than I tend to make my patches but good nonetheless. I will definitely find a use for it, thanks Redd!
Thank you for posting and giving me your opinion man!

Thanks very much for your input, that's what I needed. I get curious and wonder if I'm in the right ballpark with my tones. Its nice to hear that my sound isn't crazy bad. I'll try those amps you mentioned. Thanks

Hey REDD, what hardware was used to make this Preset/Cab bundle?
I was using my CLR's to monitor and I'm trying to think on the cabs, I'm on my phone and not with my rig. The Krank cab was mixed with a 1960 Marshall running thru aVHT 2/90/2 and a shure 57, EV 767, and a old AKG mic. I'm not sure of the model. I think the other IR is a Diesel IR I found in a free heavy metal IR folder on the internet.

Thanks for all of the great info...:cool:...........But I meant which 'Fractal' hardware........Axe-Fx ll, XL, XL+, etc.....;):D

Thanks for all of the great info...:cool:...........But I meant which 'Fractal' hardware........Axe-Fx ll, XL, XL+, etc.....;):D
Oh, sorry. Axe Fx II. I have the first one and the Mark II. I was thinking about getting an XL+ but now I'm thinking Ax8.

Man, that sounds great! I don't usually like many user presets I download without major tweaking, but that already sounds quite good on several of my guitars. Probably only needs minor adjustment for me to dial it in perfect for a specific guitar. Nicely done!

Man, that sounds great! I don't usually like many user presets I download without major tweaking, but that already sounds quite good on several of my guitars. Probably only needs minor adjustment for me to dial it in perfect for a specific guitar. Nicely done!
Thanks! I don't adjust very much on this one. I think the IR's do a lot of it.

Since you asked for feedback, just wanted to say it's awesome. Adjusted levels for my guitars and that was it. Dig it man, nice work.

So I tried to load up your preset and I'm getting an error of "Unable to import. The selected file is not a valid preset file." I'm using an axefx 2 XL. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom