Hearing direct signal as well as DAW phasey signal together

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
How do I make this not happen when using solely the Axe as an interface? I only want to hear guitar when a track is armed to record or when daw is playing back.

The problem is with the DAW, and they all have different ways of disabling that kind of phasey input echo.

How can the DAW make sound when it’s not launched?
The DAW isn't, but theres guitar coming thru the monitors regardless if DAW is launched or not when I play. When DAW is launched, seems like guitar is duplicated thru the track, unless of course the track is muted.

Playback through monitors is normal when the DAW isn't launched, provided that's how you normally monitor your playing from the Axe.
I guess I can understand that. Im used to using a dedicated interface, and for analysis I wanted to try the Axe as an all around interface for the entire computer, which serves both as a daw and general computing. I had iTunes and everything else playing back fine, my only issue was with the daw launched was hearing both the normal in to out as well as the DAW out, it duplicated the guitar signal. Muting the track works, its just a different workflow this way.

I guess I can understand that. Im used to using a dedicated interface, and for analysis I wanted to try the Axe as an all around interface for the entire computer, which serves both as a daw and general computing. I had iTunes and everything else playing back fine, my only issue was with the daw launched was hearing both the normal in to out as well as the DAW out, it duplicated the guitar signal. Muting the track works, its just a different workflow this way.

To be fair, you would get the same behavior playing guitar into any other audio interface.

To be fair, you would get the same behavior playing guitar into any other audio interface.
True, however I'd be able to mute the outputs of the channel the guitar is shooting out of. See uploaded file for visual sake. This is how I typically configure things to avoid this situation in the DAW. I only monitor the DAW (which is really all the computer output, because even iTunes and notification sounds spit out the DAW channel as well). Seems like using the fractal as a sole interface just needs to mute the guitar in the daw and direct monitor (which is fine, just took getting used to).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 4.31.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 4.31.25 PM.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom