Heard 10.0 at NY Amp show today

30 days till 10.0? Man the wait is going to kill me.
Im getting a new house soon (Jehovah willing) , and im truly not sure which major life event im more excited about.
~mx~

Just got my Ultra -while it was on the way I had a BAD injury of my fretting pinky!

It's still not 100% after 3 and a half weeks, partly due to the arrival of the Fractal, I can't seem to put my guitar down no matter how much it hurts. It's kiiiillllling me! My one word impression of this unit: WOWWWWWWWWW.

Already new firmware in the works? A floor controller? One I don't have to program? With product support and development at this unprecedented level of excellence and integrity -not to mention the unbelievable quality of the product itself- what serious motivated guitar player on this planet could possibly not want to sell his automobile for one of these things??????

Anyone have any info on the MFC101 practicality with size 14's (EU 48)? It seems kinda small.

I guess I'll have to make a mockup for the spacing...

Good that I don't like army boots.

Can't wait for the MFC :D With so many of us waiting for this Cliff will be working flat out on the production side to get these babys out here.

It's been a wild summer already... Bought a house, today my first daughter (second child) will be born and then I get new firmware ?

We need a "single tear" emoticon for this moment.

Dutch said:
Anyone have any info on the MFC101 practicality with size 14's (EU 48)? It seems kinda small.

those are some boats my friend

That's really cool that you don't have to program these things! For some reason, I either never knew that or didn't remember. Plug and play works for me.

Now if only they made them available for public consumption...

I'm on the waiting list and have been for 2 years. I need.

Dutch said:

You're three inches taller than me, yet you wear a size smaller than I do? Hmm. Well, my cousin's 6'6" and he only wears 13s, so...I must've gotten the big foot gene.

If all else fails, I'll learn to walk around on stilts and learn to tapdance with those. :mrgreen:

FractalAudio said:
Robboman said:
So there was no demo of new Axe-Edit functionality to program the MFC? I'm hoping for that scenario: Full (non-beta) release of Axe-Edit compatible with 10.0 Axe firmware AND 1.0 MFC firmware. Sweet!

No programming of the MFC-101 is required. It reads the preset data from the Axe-Fx.

This is intriguing.. ominous.. in a good way! Can't wait to see a manual. :)

But does this mean programming the MFC is not possible? Or just not 'required'?

Very cool to have a magic plug-and-play mode designed in, but inevitably some guys will want to use it in different, unexpected ways, assign switches to do different crazy things, etc.

PlaysARobin said:
It's been a wild summer already... Bought a house, today my first daughter (second child) will be born and then I get new firmware ?

We need a "single tear" emoticon for this moment.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY!

THAT IS AWESOME!

inevitably some guys will want to use it in different, unexpected ways, assign switches to do different crazy things, etc.

Hmm, I can't imagine using a controller that I can't program!
No programmability means that the user who uses ready-made presets for songs, has to create all needed effects combinations on the Axe itself. That's a drag.

For me, my footcontroller is the 'brain', and the Axe is its main resource. I have a couple of basic Axe-presets (each containing a specific amp plus common effects), plus a number of special presets. I then use my controller (Gordius) to create presets for each song, on the basis of the Axe presets. 80% of the time I use 3 or 4 controller-made presets for a song, which depend upon a single Axe preset. This avoids having to duplicate things on the Axe.

I think the key thing here is that you don't _have_ to program it. You can still program it and the videos that were available a few months ago showed Cliff program the mfc, go through settings etc. So, I think you still can program it, but you don't have to.

tgunn said:
I think the key thing here is that you don't _have_ to program it. You can still program it and the videos that were available a few months ago showed Cliff program the mfc, go through settings etc. So, I think you still can program it, but you don't have to.

+1

Back
Top Bottom