Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what we want too mate.
Chin up - Feeling for you.
Pauly

Thank you guys. 🙏
Still in the hospital. Looks like the fluid is coming back so they are going to put in a chest tube tomorrow or Wednesday to help. Not really looking forward to that but it is what it is and has to be done.

I just want to get well and play guitar. ;)

Pulling for you brother. I’m not super religious but I thought I’d share this with you if you don’t mind.

My kids were over this weekend, I was a little down so my youngest told me the story of Saint Anthony.

A monk who carried clay jars of water unsuccessfully for three days up the side of a mountain to his cave, yet he persisted despite the hardships. Saint Anthony would trip and fall to lose each jar of water.

Every time one would break, he would blame it on that joker the debbil- and start his journey again from the bottom until he attained success.

It’s the journey brother. Hold fast.

How'd you go with that chest tube?

Thanks
Pauly
Thank you guys. 🙏
Still in the hospital. Looks like the fluid is coming back so they are going to put in a chest tube tomorrow or Wednesday to help. Not really looking forward to that but it is what it is and has to be done.

Thank you guys. 🙏

Wow Todd. So sorry to hear this has recurred. Prayers for your recovery, and you can be healed of whatever is causing this.

Hi Todd,

We will be praying specifically for the fluid issue to be healed!
Sorry to hear this setback but glad you are able to communicate with us.
Praying for your complete healing, strength, and peace for you and your family. 🙏
Really enjoyed getting to see you play that new guitar!!! Hopefully more soon!!!

It’s crazy how your whole life can change in an instant. Long post so here goes…

I’m sure many of you saw my comment about a health issue a few weeks ago and having to cancel all our gigs and shut band things down for awhile due to a medical reason.
I have recently been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in my left lung.

I started having some slight heaviness and tightness in my chest a few days before our last show back on Sunday Aug 29. I was ok at the show. It was brutally hot but I made it through ok. After the show, I decided to go get checked out the next day.
I went to an urgent care facility near our home and they did a chest X-Ray and CT Scan and discovered a 2” x 1” tumor in my left lung. I’ve been playing shows with a tumor in my lung. How Rock n Roll is that?

I have since been going to MD Anderson here in Houston for diagnosis and will soon start a very aggressive treatment as it has spread to some lymphnodes close by. The great news is that it hasn’t spread anywhere else in my body, brain, blood or bones and the doctors have a curative plan of treatment for it. The key word here being curative. I am so blessed to be in the same city as this hospital. It is the best in the world.

It is going to be a rough few months of treatment but with faith and prayers to the good lord above, the love and support of my amazing and strong wife, my family, my bandmates, my incredible friends and a rockstar medical team, I will beat this and ring that bell.

Many of us have family and friends dealing with really bad stuff right now. Please pray for them.

Much love, blessings and good health to everyone.

-Todd Bishop
I'll be praying for you and yours, a quick and total recovery.

So my diagnosis has taken a turn for the worse.

The results of the fluid came back positive for cancer cells making this a Malignant Effusion which moves my cancer to Stage 4. There is no cure and is considered terminal. They are doing new scans today to see if it has spread anywhere else. Hopefully we get the results back soon. FYI, Brain Scan just came back normal.

My wife has me taking some alternative, ayurvedic and natural remedies and has done months of research on them since I was first diagnosed back in September. Stuff the doctors would never recommend.
There are some talks about putting together some benefit shows to help myself and family with the ongoing medical costs and will be announcements coming in the near future.

This has been a difficult diagnosis for me and my family to deal with so I would greatly appreciate your continued prayers for myself and my family.

I am Father Todd of the Black Label Society Houston Chapter. This new diagnosis changes nothing in my attitude and mindset and I will continue to wake up and fight everyday of my life

Face Your Fear, Accept Your War, Destroy and Conquer.
SDMF- Strength Determination Merciless Forever
GIFD- Get It Fuckin Done
✝️🙏✝️

Attachments

• 8265B31F-FB71-4C7F-8B77-EF1F892A194D.jpeg
    8265B31F-FB71-4C7F-8B77-EF1F892A194D.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 4D52F3F0-CB99-4512-A80C-1086229A8320.jpeg
    4D52F3F0-CB99-4512-A80C-1086229A8320.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 64
  • 7944EC3B-22F2-480B-9125-9A2C0FCD275D.jpeg
    7944EC3B-22F2-480B-9125-9A2C0FCD275D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • B5412902-286E-4502-BE89-2AFA91C35077.jpeg
    B5412902-286E-4502-BE89-2AFA91C35077.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • AA8BB686-A669-44DB-BA3F-8EF03F54FF36.jpeg
    AA8BB686-A669-44DB-BA3F-8EF03F54FF36.jpeg
    572.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 0F87BABA-5B8E-4EA3-97E6-D08B82F61EA4.jpeg
    0F87BABA-5B8E-4EA3-97E6-D08B82F61EA4.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 51
  • 60AF9ADA-5900-41F5-85B7-DDF6E27EEB98.jpeg
    60AF9ADA-5900-41F5-85B7-DDF6E27EEB98.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 68E36FEB-2FCA-4170-B007-67B899C0E780.jpeg
    68E36FEB-2FCA-4170-B007-67B899C0E780.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 61
Thought, peace, love and prayers from all over the world my friend, this should mean something and I'm sure God (whatever each one of us call Him) will look at you!.Be brave, I know it could be useless (and meaningless) in this moment but a lot of your friends are fighting with you and your brave wife 🤞🤟.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom