Health Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
It’s crazy how your whole life can change in an instant. Long post so here goes…

I’m sure many of you saw my comment about a health issue a few weeks ago and having to cancel all our gigs and shut band things down for awhile due to a medical reason.
I have recently been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in my left lung.

I started having some slight heaviness and tightness in my chest a few days before our last show back on Sunday Aug 29. I was ok at the show. It was brutally hot but I made it through ok. After the show, I decided to go get checked out the next day.
I went to an urgent care facility near our home and they did a chest X-Ray and CT Scan and discovered a 2” x 1” tumor in my left lung. I’ve been playing shows with a tumor in my lung. How Rock n Roll is that?

I have since been going to MD Anderson here in Houston for diagnosis and will soon start a very aggressive treatment as it has spread to some lymphnodes close by. The great news is that it hasn’t spread anywhere else in my body, brain, blood or bones and the doctors have a curative plan of treatment for it. The key word here being curative. I am so blessed to be in the same city as this hospital. It is the best in the world.

It is going to be a rough few months of treatment but with faith and prayers to the good lord above, the love and support of my amazing and strong wife, my family, my bandmates, my incredible friends and a rockstar medical team, I will beat this and ring that bell.

Many of us have family and friends dealing with really bad stuff right now. Please pray for them.

Much love, blessings and good health to everyone.

-Todd Bishop

Last edited:
It’s crazy how your whole life can change in an instant. Long post so here goes…
I’m sure many of you saw my comment about a health issue a few weeks ago and having to shut band things down for awhile due to a medical reason.
I have recently been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in my left lung.

I started having some slight heaviness and tightness in my chest a few days before our show at Rise Rooftop back on Sunday Aug 29. I was ok at the show. It was brutally hot but I made it through ok. After the show, I decided to go get checked out the next day.
I went to an urgent care facility near our home and they did a chest X-Ray and CT Scan and discovered a 2” x 1” tumor in my left lung. I’ve been playing shows with a tumor in my lung. How Rock n Roll is that?

I have since been going to MD Anderson here in Houston for diagnosis and will soon start a very aggressive treatment as part of the tumor is pressing on my heart. I am so blessed to be in the same city as this hospital. It is the best in the world. The great news is that it hasn’t spread anywhere else in my body, blood or bones and the doctors have a curative plan of treatment for it. The key word here being curative.

With faith and prayers to the good lord above, the love and support of my amazing and strong wife, my family, my band mates, my incredible friends and a rockstar medical team, I will beat this and ring that bell.

Many of us have family and friends dealing with really bad stuff right now. Please pray for them.

Much love, blessing and good health to everyone.
Glad to hear the prognosis is good. Sounds treatable. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep us posted on your progress. 👍

Wow! I am taken aback by your attitude and perspective. No doubt with that
as fuel through these tough times you will power through.

And yes, what a fortunate turn of fate to be in Houston. People from all over the
world fly in just to be treated there.

Rock on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom