Heads up on Alberto Barrero

I'm a follower since quite long ago. Most of his demos and promo vids on his YT channel are great. Fantastic tone and feel.
I have to admit I tried matching his tones on the AFX but I'm affraid I'll also need his fingers for that.

Agreed, he is a beautifully soulful player with a killer tone, agreed mostly coming from his hands! ;)

Scent from my ismell

Ok, how would I go about getting that tone from the Dumble clean? Is that a sag thing or something? I love that tone, I know its in the Axe, because I'm really close.

edit: Well I played with the input trim and that seems to get me the closest.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Thanks for posting. I was unaware of him before but am now a fan. Fantastic emotion in his playing.

Anyone tried these tones? Love that Amp!!

Alberto Barrero - YouTube

Ahhh ... that's the stuff. How do we replicate that gritty drive/boost in his tone on the AXE?

I can get a similar single-coil bloom when digging in while using a Wambler Dual Fusion pedal before the front panel input of the AXE.

But, I wonder what subset of Alberto's gear (below) he is using to get that Dual Fusion -like grit in his tone and how to replicate that inside the AXE?

Here are the gear specs from Alberto's You Tube video:

" ... I used a Melancon Guitars Pro Artist S model.George Tube Amps Thunderbird One Model.

Carl Martin Compressor and Carl Martin Echotone.

Astone Overdrive and George Tube Amps GTA AXE POW Overdrive like a b gain booster."

Ok, how would I go about getting that tone from the Dumble clean? Is that a sag thing or something? I love that tone, I know its in the Axe, because I'm really close.

edit: Well I played with the input trim and that seems to get me the closest.

I think you're on to it Scott.

I dial back the sag on almost all my amp sims which helps get that gritty-raspy breakup in note bloom.

Cleans up right away when you dial back the volume pot and pick/finger softly :)o ... that's what she said! :lol ).

Back
Top Bottom