Headrush Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly - yur not supposed to listen to 97% of them. IR libraries are huge seas of possibilities - the only practical way to approach them is to know roughly what you want going in (ie a 412 w V30s mic'd with a 57), then use the tools to navigate from there (like irl), preferably with dynamic graphic "mic moving" tools best to get the rest of the way as opposed to loadafile n listen, loadafile n listen ... (the latter method making it more essential to know what you want going in).

I would definitely give that a try. If nothing else, the graphics should look kinda cool. But...it seems like it could be a ridiculous can of worms too.

It should be a fun couple days. And, I'll end up laughing if I end up doing the same things.

People judge digital units mostly by their amp tone and forget that FX are also important. The world leading FX in an all in one package were the main reason I bought the FM9, besides its good amp tones, of course. I would not go as far as some (like tonewars or others on youtube) and say that with all the new capturing tech, modelling is already dead. Modelled amps still can sound very good and good sound will always remain good sound. I think this is the main point and not necessarily "accuracy". Not even two same amps sound exactly the same. But, yes, if you want total accuracy and a very special amp tone and feel that is unique (for you), you just want to go from sweet spot to sweet spot and just want to skip that (damn!) tweaking madness, there is no other way in the digital world than profiling/cloning/capturing (although with a good IR there is to need for tweaking any more).

At this point I would like to add one more thing that for me, personally, is the real next step in all in one units: real analog modelling will be introduced on June 25th with Bluguitar's AmpX. This will be the world's first multi fx pedalboard amp with zero latency. At least this is what it promises, among analog FX and "real" Amp tones, because it simply is a "real" amp. Do we "need" analog modelling? We will see, that's a different question that cannot be answered for everyone. But as an Amp1 owner (the best mini Amp I've played so far, no jokes), I, personally, am curious to the bone about the AmpX. If you know anything about Thomas Blug you can expect Amp tone greatness. But if you ask me: buy whatever you like, it will sound good in 2023. "Good units" won't cover shitty playing.

Last edited:
People judge digital units mostly by their amp tone and forget that FX are also important. The world leading FX in an all in one package were the main reason I bought the FM9, besides its good amp tones, of course. I would not go as far as some (like tonewars or others on youtube) and say that with all the new capturing tech, modelling is already dead. Modelled amps still can sound very good and good sound will always remain good sound. I think this is the main point and not necessarily "accuracy". Not even two same amps sound exactly the same. But, yes, if you want total accuracy and a very special amp tone and feel that is unique (for you), you just want to go from sweet spot to sweet spot and just want to skip that (damn!) tweaking madness, there is no other way in the digital world than profiling/cloning/capturing (although with a good IR there is to need for tweaking any more).

At this point I would like to add one more thing that for me, personally, is the real next step in all in one units: real analog modelling will be introduced on June 25th with Bluguitar's AmpX. This will be the world's first multi fx pedalboard amp with zero latency. At least this is what it promises, among analog FX and "real" Amp tones, because it simply is a "real" amp. Do we "need" analog modelling? We will see, that's a different question that cannot be answered for everyone. But as an Amp1 owner (the best mini Amp I've played so far, no jokes), I, personally, am curious to the bone about the AmpX. If you know anything about Thomas Blug you can expect Amp tone greatness. But if you ask me: buy whatever you like, it will sound good in 2023. "Good units" won't cover shitty playing.
It sounds good. Always wanted to try its predecessor. But after this video I can’t say the look of it or the UI seems great at all. What exactly is the benefit to having analog modeling vs virtual modeling?

It sounds good. Always wanted to try its predecessor. But after this video I can’t say the look of it or the UI seems great at all. What exactly is the benefit to having analog modeling vs virtual modeling?

Yes, the UI could really be better in 2023 (!!!!) I would rather want to have the UI of the fm9 on it. But the UI still is that of a normal, real amp (because that's what it is). Who would ecpect a touch screen on a classic AC30. But on a modern version?... who knows.
As for your question: There is a difference in quality when you play real tube amps and analog gear in general, I hope you know and have experienced these differences. The idea behind this unit is not to play a digital model but the "actual" analog amp you choose itself with all its real world (superior?) qualities, like zero latency, compression or feel and response, digital gear is trying to simulate. We will see how good (or bad?) it will be. I cannot wait to find out.

Last edited:
real analog modelling will be introduced on June 25th with Bluguitar's AmpX.
He promises it will come out every year, but it doesn't. The problem is digital technology has continued to improve in the years he's been working on the AmpX. It was intriguing 4 years ago, but today it's just an odd experiment.

Looks like a turd. That lid has "I'm going to snap off at any moment!" written all over it.

Yes, the UI could really be better in 2023 (!!!!) I would rather want to have the UI of the fm9 on it. But the UI still is that of a normal, real amp (because that's what it is). Who would ecpect a touch screen on a classic AC30. But on a modern version?... who knows.
As for your question: There is a difference in quality when you play real tube amps and analog gear in general, I hope you know and have experienced these differences. The idea behind this unit is not to play a digital model but the "actual" analog amp you choose itself with all its real world (superior?) qualities, like zero latency, compression or feel and response, digital gear is trying to simulate. We will see how good (or bad?) it will be. I cannot wait to find out.
I have played tube amps before lol. But how does this unit let users use the actual analog amp for every amp it has? Wouldn’t that require analog components from every amp it simulates?

I have played tube amps before lol. But how does this unit let users use the actual analog amp for every amp it has? Wouldn’t that require analog components from every amp it simulates?
Type "Amp1 - AC30" in youtube. Thomas Blug already matched the Amp1 countless times to different amps with basic EQing. I think that's how it will be with his new "Blugprints" for the AmpX, as I understand it. But how about "let's wait and see"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom