Headrush Pedal board. Eleven modeling

Honestly, for some people this is the only real deal-breaker with the AX8. You could go so far as saying the simplistic LCD is a feature, but if FAS could fix the switching gap, that'd be awesome.

Knowing the FAS team i have really high expectation that they will address this in the future if its something that can be optimized..

That demo was pretty uninspiring. Where's the medium gain tones and the gapless switching?

Maybe the intern in the marketing team went a bit crazy and put all those wonderful things with out consulting the actual client? who knows...

Yeah those tones were not great... but that demonstrator was not very good at selling any part of the thing.

So I'll still hold out hope.

And, the "in stores" thing is cool, because it seems likely that I could try one out before selling my AX8, and not be stuck if it is a shit product.

Many people who buy this will realize modeling works for them and that will lead them to move into a more professional solution. I do like his ESP Stream. I picked one of those up at a store, thinking it was hideous, and it sounded and played nice. The body was actually quite comfortable.

Perhaps some, yeah. I'm betting a large amount of people would use it and write off modelers entirely, thinking they all sound like crap.

I doubt that because although the original Eleven Rack doesn't come close to the Quantum Axefx models (by most accounts, I've never played an 11r), people still rave about them and many players are happy with their tones. And this modeling will undoubtedly be better than that.
Although, still almost definitely inferior to our Quantum models.

It's the dedication to continuous firmware development that is the differentiator in the modelling business. We'll see how their support is going to look like. Too early to make a judgment.

That demo was pretty uninspiring. Where's the medium gain tones and the gapless switching?

That was a very bad presentation, but I don't think that mean's much, only way to know is try it your self, I've seen some terrible video's on the AxeFx.

It's the dedication to continuous firmware development that is the differentiator in the modelling business. We'll see how their support is going to look like. Too early to make a judgment.

ya well eleven rack is on what version 2.01, so I guess that will tell you enough about their continuous improvement plan...

This one is a little better...
but yeah, seems like the tone is still waaaaayyy far off from an Axefx. Although they are working with stock IRs, so maybe that's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom