Headrush FRFR + FOH Inquiry

Hi there fellow Axe Fx users! I have some burning questions that I’m sure will be a breeze for many of you to answer (should you so choose).

I recently picked up a Headrush 1x12 FRFR to use with my Axe Fx 2 XL+ as a monitor for live performances. I’m still on the fence with whether or not I’m truly in love with it, but it seemed to be one of the only FRFRs that fits my budget and the only one that was available for me to demo in person before purchasing. I believe I’d like it better if I were to dial out some of the low end, which I know could be achieved through the global EQ settings for either output 1 or 2 on the Axe Fx. This is where my question begins however.

For live performance, I would be interested in sending one output to the Headrush and the other to FOH. I don’t use any Effects Loops in my current live performance patches and was considering using the “Output 2 Echo” feature in order to achieve the same signal being sent through both outputs. If I were to do this, am I correct in assuming that global EQ settings would still take affect (so both output 1 and 2 would be receiving the same signal via “Output 2 Echo”, but one of them could be EQ’d for less low end)?

Additionally, does anyone recommend a different approach to remedying this low end issue? I’m completely open to different ideas.

Thanks for your time everyone!

I do this. You are right, Output 2 Echo > Output 1, I also set the Output 2 Mode to L+R Sum so I can hear left and right since im not running stereo to the Headrush. The Global EQ works for Output 2 without trashing the FOH signal. I love doing this b/c I can adjust the Headrush with my Output 2 knob on the fly without messing with the FOH signal.

I also really like the headrush but it is very bass heavy. I wish there was some EQ on the monitor itself. But hey.. for the money you CANT go wrong with this thing. Its pretty tough too, 've even left it on accidentally for a whole week!

I recently got the HeadRush 1x8 and am VERY please with it!!!
Generally my low cut in the cab block is about 110hz.
No problem with being bass heavy.
Lightweight and LOUD little critter 😎

Thank you all for the helpful replies! I completely forgot I posted here... have just been running my Axe FX through studio monitors for the past year for ease of use. I really appreciate the input nonetheless and apologize for such a tardy response fellas.

That said, I'm curious how you've EQ'd your Output 2 @guitarzan_josh. You seem to be doing exactly what I was interested in attempting, and my interest is renewed in giving this a go. Any specific EQ bands you've found achieve the most desirable reduction and wouldn't mind passing my way? Any input is extremely appreciated my friend 🙏

Also,@scottp I'm going to give that cab block low cut a try! This seems like a great idea as well (don't know why I never thought of it).

Hope y'all are doing well and having a better 2021 than 2020 :)!!

Back
Top Bottom