Headrush FRFR 112's in stereo

Well, I own two matrix activespeakers which are amazing. I wanted a speaker to haul around to rehearsals and bought the 12” headrush. I think they sound great. Value for money wise they can’t be beat. It also sounds way better than the db speaker I had a while ago. Yeah the headrush isn’t flat and has a kind of his own voice and benefits from you adjusting your presets to this speaker. But that has to be done more often. The praise that is fed to the forum about the new marco fanton speakers imho needs the same. I don’t believe that you can use a preset that you programmed for a 12” speaker needs no tweaking at all to sound even more glorious through. An 8” speaker. You don’t read much about that. Anyway: to my ears the headrush added more of a guitar cab vibe to it which I found pleasing. They were boomy compared t my matrix speakers, but they are on a pole where the headrush is firmly on the floor. When I put my matrix on the floor the low end increases too.
sooooo.....headrush goooooddd. Lol.

Not to be a jerk, but says who? Paid advert endorsements don't always announce themselves, it detracts from the effect.
Says him. But he's gotta be liar, right? Informing us of when he's been asked to review something or when a company sends him something means nothing. He just can't be trusted.

So he gets paid for every single demo then, every positive word is cash-induced?
I can't ever remember him saying he's not getting paid on any demo. I could be wrong tho. I rarely watch his stuff anymore...or any YouTube info-mercials from the usual suspects. Especially when I see the same products show up simultaneously on multiple channels.

I can't ever remember him saying he's not getting paid on any demo. I could be wrong tho. I rarely watch his stuff anymore...or any YouTube info-mercials from the usual suspects. Especially when I see the same products show up simultaneously on multiple channels.
I'm interested in inexpensive instruments, and I appreciate him bringing some to my attention. Do I believe his opinions are facts? No, ditto everyone else, including people I respect a lot.

As @Andy Eagle said, the problem at the low end is inconsistency. You have to judge each individual instrument, see how it feels and sounds in your hands. That's true of expensive ones too, but maybe less.

I'm interested in inexpensive instruments, and I appreciate him bringing some to my attention. Do I believe his opinions are facts? No, ditto everyone else, including people I respect a lot.

As @Andy Eagle said, the problem at the low end is inconsistency. You have to judge each individual instrument, see how it feels and sounds in your hands. That's true of expensive ones too, but maybe less.
Agree on all points. Cheap guitars have come light years from the crap I had as a kid. However, the you get what you pay for adage still holds true 90% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom